Author Topic: Help with my 3 diabolo start!!!  (Read 5362 times)

diaboloking

Help with my 3 diabolo start!!!
« on: July 15, 2006, 04:21:45 AM »
I've been trying to master the 3 start for ages - please help with any advice. I think the 3rd diabolo that pops into the air is too far to the left, or maybe my left hand is not lifting enough.

I normally always get the first couple over ok then struggle with the 3rd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rSFe7gR7NY

Sorry if the video is dark

Rich
Sieze the day!

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2006, 09:20:55 AM »
That's what happens with me. I think it could be to do with the left hand but I'm not sure.
Behind your back is your front.

arnie

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2006, 11:32:26 AM »
Watch your left hand! It just gets higher and higher if you watch closely. The timing looked OK tho for the start. You need to be lifting the diabolos with ur left hand each time one leaves the string even if you are synch you need to be doing this very subtley.

Bertrand

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2006, 03:31:59 PM »
The start isn't bad, I think that the problem come from 3 low.  With this start, you must be able to begin the shuffle in quite good conditions, no?

The Vitamin Guy

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2006, 04:50:41 PM »
OT: Naruto-Bertrand: You should resize your avatar to 100x100 pixels to keep all the slow computers happy.
The Vitamin Guy

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 06:40:16 PM »
Hi, I think your start could be make easier.  Try giving the 2 diabolos enough speed for you to not have to move it up and down like that to keep it going.  I think you also know when to unwrap but try not moving your hands so far to the left.  When your pushing with your left don't jerk it around as fast as you can cause that generally results in a push at the wrong time which will screw your pattern.  Also as you unwrap, unwrap a bit harder so that the it'll be easier to start your left hand because you'll have it all ready to push and to get into a rythm.  

(My 3 isn't that good so whatever help I've given you is what I've been recently discovering.)

Josh

Nathan

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2006, 08:00:11 PM »
There's no problem with your start. The problem lies with your pattern.

Your left hand isn't doing enough work. Try to keep it lower, and use the left stick to throw each pass back towards your right hand.

diabs

Re: Help with my 3 diabolo start!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 07:22:27 PM »
hi,i‘ve got a problem with my 3d start too... :Pwhen i unwrap my 3rd diabolo at the right time, one of the diabolos jumps to high for me to catch it ...but if i do catch the 3rd diabolo,all the diabolos simply crash. can anyone help me? sorry for my english

Mingo-May

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 09:28:11 PM »
Try maybe to make a nicer move with your left hand. I use to have that problem too, it was because my left hand, at unwrap, was doing a too strong move. Unwrap smoothed with your right hand and be more smooth with your left hand.
It worked for me ;).

diabs

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 09:49:03 PM »
thanks Mingo-May, i will try tomorrow  ;D

vinß

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2006, 08:47:23 AM »
Try maybe to make a nicer move with your left hand. I use to have that problem too, it was because my left hand, at unwrap, was doing a too strong move. Unwrap smoothed with your right hand and be more smooth with your left hand.
It worked for me ;).
Oh, It sounds like Jonat's been a good teacher :) (But he had a good teacher too ;D)
You should come to Jonglargonne one of these days to show us that.  ;)

Mingo-May

« Reply #11 on: October 30, 2006, 06:57:26 PM »
LOOOOL !!!!
so you recognize me ! yes Jonathan is a good teacher, but I will say thanks to Trash, ihe gave me that little "declic" to that damn left hand.
I can come to Jonglargonne for now, but my diabs is improve since that time !
I will surely come to Jonglagonne more often, but after my BAC (damn exam..)

No prob diabs, you must thanks Vinss and Jonat (who's not on that forum).  ;D

tyson_11

« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2011, 09:59:14 AM »
hey guys, i didnt want to start a new topic because i know how annoying that gets for you guys when there are already appropriate topics for the question so i just found the one that i thought was the most appropriate for what i want to ask.
so heres my problem. im fine with the hover part of the start and im getting more confident with the shuffle but when i unwrap the diabolo i have to throw the other two up in the air before starting the shuffle. when i watch other videos they seem to unwrap just at the right time to make it look really smooth and fit in with the shuffle. can you guys please help me to understand what i have to do and the right timing for the unwrap? thanx  :)

SebiHausi

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2011, 10:17:11 AM »
you have to unwrap when one of the 2 diabolos in the hover leave the string, your unwrap shouldnt be too weak, but also not to strong, you will get the feeling for this really fast.

tyson_11

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2011, 11:37:49 AM »
so do you think maybe i just need a bit more experience with 3 before i get it?

SebiHausi

« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2011, 12:42:26 PM »
yes, dont worry, if you really practice it a lot you will get it sooner or later ;).

tyson_11

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2011, 08:05:53 AM »
Finally got the opening looking nice thanks sebi i just watched videos and figured it out. I would make a quick video but i cant at the moment because my school laptop is getting upgraded and that is what i use to edit videos.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal