Author Topic: Jugglingvideo for the victims in Norway!  (Read 8198 times)

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
Re: Jugglingvideo for the victims in Norway!
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2011, 03:26:25 PM »
all right then (-:

Arjan

« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2011, 05:15:06 PM »
I don't get the first sentence..

I really don't think you can compare Amy Whinehouses death with the attack in Norway....

With the first sentence I meant to ask when ultimately we should send in the video?

Obviously it's no where near comparable, this thing that happend in Norway is so bad I can't even imagine.

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2011, 05:36:01 PM »
@Arjan

20th of August.

maxmaestro

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 12:41:40 PM »
i understand that you're trying to make a similar video to that of jugglers pray after the disaster in japan but these are two completely different occasions. jugglers pray was a video to give the japanese hope and support to rebuild what had been destroyed. it was also mainly made by Japanese to show that they had hope. whats happened in norway was a massacre. its a time to morn the dead and help their families. but i dont think that can be done like this. i dont know why it just isnt really apropriate in my mind... i agre wit arjan

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 01:22:16 PM »
I don't think you understand the enormity of what Scharling is trying to do maxmaestro. As usual with some of the people on this forum your first thought is to compare it to something that has been done already, Scharling is not trying to make a video to give hope to the people of the country, he is trying to bring us all together, to help us unite, to show the world (somehow through juggling) that these sort of attacks will not get them anywhere.  I am not sure I agree or really understand the idea behind the project, and I don't think it will end up having the intended meaning, perhaps I am in the wrong, but if out of all the misery that man caused, some people can find a reason to come together and show solidarity, than fair game?

Don't hate, congratulate?

SebiHausi

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 03:24:57 PM »
I don't think you understand the enormity of what Scharling is trying to do maxmaestro. As usual with some of the people on this forum your first thought is to compare it to something that has been done already, Scharling is not trying to make a video to give hope to the people of the country, he is trying to bring us all together, to help us unite, to show the world (somehow through juggling) that these sort of attacks will not get them anywhere.  I am not sure I agree or really understand the idea behind the project, and I don't think it will end up having the intended meaning, perhaps I am in the wrong, but if out of all the misery that man caused, some people can find a reason to come together and show solidarity, than fair game?

i agree 100%

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 09:02:33 PM »
Scharling is not trying to make a video to give hope to the people of the country, he is trying to bring us all together, to help us unite, to show the world (somehow through juggling) that these sort of attacks will not get them anywhere.  I am not sure I agree or really understand the idea behind the project, and I don't think it will end up having the intended meaning, perhaps I am in the wrong, but if out of all the misery that man caused, some people can find a reason to come together and show solidarity, than fair game?

Excatly!

Arjan

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2011, 11:07:16 PM »
Okay guy's, you might all agree with each other and touch each other while thinking about your whole video for the victims in Norway but as far as I can observe this conversation is dying out at bit (sorry for the choice of word, but it's like the 3rd time I'm trying to dodge play on word like that in this discussion), so if anyone else could please share his or her thoughts, this video might actually have more then 4 participants!(including myself)

@dude who had this whole idea; Why don't you post on other online juggling communities like rec.j for example? I'm sure the online juggling world is still of some value after what happend in Norway, and is able to send out a strong message! Jugglers should do what they are used to, play well. That is in my opinion obviously.

So speak up ya'll!

Hathaway

• Donator
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2011, 11:25:38 PM »
WOAH! Arjan. All that it takes for evil to prosper, if for good people to stand by and do nothing. Us jugglers are good people, and together we can stop anything.

jobdiab

« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2011, 11:56:32 AM »
I'm, in but i don't know if we can change the world with it :o?

thomazz

« Reply #30 on: July 30, 2011, 01:06:01 PM »
you can't change the world if you don't try  ;)

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2011, 01:49:26 AM »
Dunno how to feel about this (which is why I don't think politics of all things should be discussed seriously on this forum though maybe that's not the main point of a potential video?).

Japan...for a video there (haven't seen anything about it).

Breivik is a lunatic and I quite obviously don't agree with massmurder but the bomb/shooting is already being used by the stately funded media and left wing parties in my country as a "political bat" to bash arguments from anyone who has the slightest criticism about the current massimmigration that (imho) puts a massive strain on my own country in many ways. I could go on and on about why I'm not approving of todays politics but this thread and D.ca feels like the totally wrong place for that discussion.

With all of this being said...I hope you think long and hard about how you go about doing this and how a video possibly could come to be used by other people unrelated to the community so a memorial for victims of political terror doesn't end up as political terror in itself. I'm not in for the above reason but 100% fully support Norway so wishing you good luck with it.

seán_

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2011, 11:00:24 PM »
I don't think politics of all things should be discussed seriously on this forum though maybe that's not the main point of a potential video?).

I could go on and on about why I'm not approving of todays politics but this thread and D.ca feels like the totally wrong place for that discussion.

and yet you did!?

Diobolical-

« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2011, 05:06:44 PM »

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2011, 09:27:08 PM »
and yet you did!?

Yes because I still support Norway (despite being wary of how a video like this could be used) and wanted to make that very clear. Couldn't hold myself from talking politics after all then to clarify my reasoning for not wanting to take part (+ I'm stupid and contradictive...it is what it is) :-X

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal