Author Topic: babache g3 or taibolo v2? quick help needed  (Read 4247 times)

deo97

babache g3 or taibolo v2? quick help needed
« on: August 31, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
hey guys im stuck with a problem here. i own two henrys jazz diabolos and i would like to move up to better ones.  i heard that g3s are very good, but ive heard the v2s are also good.  i want to by 2 diabolos, and ive found somewhere where i cant by 2 g3s for £25 which i would like to spend, and if i buy 2 v2s that would cost 50.  from what ive heard the v2s seem to be better, but i dont really want to spend £50, and i would much rather spend £25 on the g3s.  some advice please?

im more leaning towards the g3 for the price, but i really like the look of the v2s. 

and also how do they differ from the henrys jazz ive already got?.

thanks,

deo97.

TrammiV02

Re: babache g3 or taibolo v2? quick help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 09:45:29 PM »
I personally really like Taibolos, and I would suggest you to get them. Although I haven't tried finesse g3 before... You should try them and see who you like the most ;) I did try a finesse g4 in a diabolo shop, and that was a very weird feeling. Is it maybe because of the cups beeing so different?

Trammi ;)

deo97

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 09:55:47 PM »
the thing is theirs no juggling shops anywhere near where i live so i cant try anything... im most likely going to buy the g3s, i just wanted some more advice.

edit: can you fit the evo kits onto the g3s or just the g4s?
For the wieghts for the 10 g ones would that make the diabolo 20g heavier and for 6g 12g heavier?
Would you reccomend the weight kits?

seán_

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2011, 02:06:07 AM »
I say go for the g3's, don't worry about kits just treat them as your first set of 'good' diabolos. Any of the major full sized diabolos should be an improvement over what you are using now (in the g3 case more stable at low speed/bigger/better hubs when used with metal ended stcks than your Jazz).

The only problem going the g3 route would be if you decide you want to stick with them over other diabolos and try to learn 3 maybe finding more in the future could be troublesome.

deo97

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2011, 04:48:54 PM »
thanks a lot for the help.  i should be orderning the g3s tonight if im lucky  :)

Sam 1060

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2011, 06:23:09 PM »
ok i have a question i have got 2 mr b finnese diabolos but not sure witch they are.  they weight 272g and are 5 inch so i ordered 2X G4 witch when looking online for they seemed right. got them now and when i play with new and old in 2D feel the same.  so if anyone knows what my old ones are that would be cool i got them at download fest 2009 (i think year is right)

but on your question i think u should spend a bit more and get the G4 but i have never played with v2s.  and if u get the G4 you would have no problem adding to your set as you may what struggle doing so with G3s as sean said

hope it helps   :)

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 07:35:31 PM »
ok i have a question i have got 2 mr b finnese diabolos but not sure witch they are
Does this help? http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=7980.0

deo97

« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2011, 09:05:36 PM »
i just want to say thanks to everyone who helped, and ive orderd the g3s.  should be good fun, and definetly better than the 2 jazz's ive got.  hopefully theyll arrive on saturday.  ill tell you what i think.

deo97

Mushi98

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2011, 04:10:16 PM »
uh too bad i didnt saw this topic before you ordered g3's.
even thought it would matter anymore, i would say that taibolos are SO MUCH BETTER than g3's.
taibolos are amazing. g3's lose speed fast, tilt a lot, hard to correct when shuffling 3, not stable.
i really dont like them. (even thought Eljas and Joona, which are crazy good with integrals use them.  ::) )

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2011, 04:48:18 PM »
Nothing wrong with G3s, don't worry about it. They are a different style of diabolo, but you'll get used to whatever you use. This recent preponderance of "this diabolo is great and that diabolo is terrible" is driving me up the wall! ;)

Unless they've changed recently, I believe Nate and Jacob Sharpe still use G2s. 4D up double pirouettes, 7D passing, etc. Think about that.

deo97

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2011, 05:00:19 PM »
thanks for the help
and one more question out of curiosity, does the evo kit 7 turn it into s ballbearing diabolo? if not what does it do? and are the evo kits compatible with the g3?

Sam 1060

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2011, 06:36:54 PM »
i think the evo kits work on all of them I THINK

thanks sean for that pic but mine all seem to be really close but the weight is different but never mind i can not feel the difference

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal