Author Topic: Finesse gen 2 or henrys circus with tuning kit by akrobat  (Read 4453 times)

Loriot

Finesse gen 2 or henrys circus with tuning kit by akrobat
« on: August 21, 2005, 05:20:57 PM »
I want to buy three new diabolos in the next time. I'm now playing with circus . But i want to buy three finesse or three circus with the tuning kit by http://www.akrobat.net. Has anyone ever tested the finesse gen 2 or the circus with tuning kits or both. Who do you think is better for playing diabolo.

Bazz

« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 06:06:37 PM »
I have not used Finesse's,
I have circus's fitted with the Akrobat TK2 tuning kit, the one that reduces the weight to 265 grms. Before I had them I suffered a lot from wrap up's, not being able to do finger grinds for more than a few seconds, and arm ache while trying to learn 2d.
Now I have them I can do finger grinds on all fingers hopping from one to another, stick grinds go on for ages, when doing 2d the diabolos don't seem to tilt as much? maybe due to less drag on the string? my arms ache less since the diabolo's weigh less.

I did consider changing my diabolos for finesses before I got the kits, but I am glad I got the kits instead. I would like try the Finesses just to see what they are like but for now I am more than happy :D

Bazz :twisted:

Loriot

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 06:51:05 PM »
Thank you for your answer. I've played with the finesse gen 1 with the finger axle, but i wasn't so good for two diabolos, because i couldn't balance them first, but know i can handle with them. But I'm using three circus without a kit know and I'm satisfied with the result  :D

JC

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2005, 04:28:02 PM »
It is also possible that you order the kits from me, please look at my website
http://home.arcor.de/diabolo-kit/index.html
there you could get more informations, for detail send me an email.
At the EJC I sold some of them  :)
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 06:56:17 PM »
JC's kits are definatly worth a look at, I bought some for my diabs, a few people played with them and found correcting two a little more difficult and with alu sticks the weight may be too light but now I've switched back to carbon fibre they really are brilliant in my opinion.  Sit soundly on my finger and grind forever much like Bazz said about the Akrobat hubs.  I've found exagerating my correcting movements makes correcting just as good as with normal hubs and maybe correcting my fan has become even easier with these hubs, couldn't say why though.  Also if a diab does tilt badly and desperatly need correction I've found these give more time for you to correct as the large width means the string doesn't catch the rubber cups as easily.

On Aesthetics JC's hubs easily win out, I don't like the way Akrobats angle really sticks out I think it makes the diabs look ugly, however JC's have a brilliant curve to them that fits the design of the diabolo perfectly.

The only gripe I really have with them is I would've prefered them in white, can't have everything though  :wink:

Loriot

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2005, 02:32:25 PM »
Thanks for your opinions and your offer JC. In the next time I'm going to test diabolos with the tuning kit by akrobat.

jelen

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2005, 02:49:21 PM »
I tried it in the EJC too, I found them really goodI wish I've had some more money to buy them!!

JC

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2005, 05:43:32 PM »
JGherkin thanks for you detailed comment and also thanks to you jelen for your statement. I will open a new thread for the Ultra Leicht kit and post at this place more what happend on the EJC and I wish to get more feedbacks there. :lol:
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal