Author Topic: Henry Carbon (String stuck inside the handstick)  (Read 6208 times)

hao

Henry Carbon (String stuck inside the handstick)
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »
i have a problem with my handstick,the string just stuck inside the handstick,and i cant pull it out!
can anoyone teach me how to make the string out??

Mathias P.

Re: Henry Carbon (String stuck inside the handstick)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:30:34 AM »
You could use a big Needle and push the knot inside the handstick and then you should be able to rip it outside from the front Side of the stick.

Or you could use something like a small drill (which modell makers are using) and drill the knot away.

Here a little tip for the future: When making a knot, first bend the string like an "U" and make then a normal knot with both parts of the string. Cause then the knot will be bigger and won´t slip into the stick anymore. And you can grab it easier. (Because i need that for some of my tricks)

Check it out.  ;)

-PeAcE-

Mathias P.

Alex!

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 11:38:47 AM »
Happens to me loads, a compass will pull it out if u ram it into the string
STOP! HAMMER 'TIJN

Rick

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 01:04:12 PM »
i have a really small pair of tweezers and that always does the trick  ;)

valtzu11

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 02:14:46 PM »
Here a little tip for the future: When making a knot, first bend the string like an "U" and make then a normal knot with both parts of the string. Cause then the knot will be bigger and won´t slip into the stick anymore. And you can grab it easier. (Because i need that for some of my tricks)

i use the same knot :D
i've had problems too with those sticks. i think that they r great sticks, but its string system sucks :(
i can't see proboably from the picture, how its stuck, but hav u tried pulling it out with tweezers?
valtzu

seán_

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 05:40:15 PM »
looks like you might have enough string poking out to get some pliers on it. If not have a go at stiff wire from the other end.

JC

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 07:38:38 PM »
to avoid this, add a pearl between the knurl and the handstick...
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

garner

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 09:09:29 PM »
i've got this same issue. garden wire won't get it out and plier won't fit. aaaaaahhhhhhh
...please give me a miracle

Dan

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 10:42:47 PM »
I managed to get mine out with an air pump by shooting air into the other end and it forced the string back through.  But that idea from JC is actually genius for anyone who is having problems.  I use small metal button thingys

n3mo

« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 11:05:01 PM »
a needle or paper clip has always worked for me. when nothing works, i use a wrench (not the normal ones, i have one of these,
they do wonders.

yeah, JC's idea sounds good for next time.
- Princeton Juggling Club -

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 11:29:59 PM »
I think the drilling of the knot out with a small drill bit might actually work if you haven't got enough string to get ahold of, or if you worry the knot is too big that pulling it through would just get it stuck in the other end.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Pete

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 11:52:36 PM »
As for preventing it, something tied to the end really does help. But be sure to use something strong enough, i used to use plastic beads, but they shatter and ping off in random directions at high speed, and could cause a nasty eye injury if anyone was unfortunate enough to get hit by one of the flying shards.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Radium

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 12:45:07 PM »
I had this problem I just yanked the opposite end quickly and then the knot went actually into the tube so I had to pull it even harder but it worked. I now do a figure of eight knot on the end that hasn't slipped or got stuck (yet).

Radium
Why does a fallen diabolo make more sound than a vertax genocide?

Want a free PS3
http://ps3.f4e1.com/index.php?referral=1566

Radium

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2007, 03:49:31 PM »
Ah, I have experience of this too ;). I now use a normal double knot (it´s big enough to not get stuck all the way inside) and leave a little bit of loose string on the end. Very little leftover string will be enough. This way, I can just pull it out with a big pincer afterwards. Needles and tweezers have never worked for me but I haven´t been in that position either. If it´s really bad, maybe you could just use that pair of sticks until the string burns off by itself, or maybe set the knot on fire ???

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2007, 09:47:27 AM »
Fold the string over and tie a regular knot. This way you'll have a loop so even if it does get stuck you can pull it out by hand holding the loop.
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

David - SAS1

« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2007, 10:27:35 AM »
Or just tie stopper knot's explanation: http://www.chockstone.org/TechTips/Stopper.htm
these end up with a bigger knot that the traditional overhand so it doesn't pull through.  The more turns you put into the knot the bigger it is.
www.lufbrafever.co.uk fever - Loughborough University Juggling and Circus Society

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal