Author Topic: BJC 2012, 11th – 15th April, Southend on Sea, Essex | + Workshops Offered/Wanted  (Read 10273 times)

seán_

http://www.bjc2012.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=131128383647695

This is the 25th anniversary of the BJC and is the first one in the south east of England for a long time.

I am just back from a site visit to the venue for next yrs BJC.

the venue is brilliant. 3 sports halls in one building plus rooms for workshops.

to give an example of size the sports halls equal 260% the size of the hall at Harvey Hadden in Notts and more than double the size of the hall in the Dome at Doncaster.

so plenty of space for all your juggly fun.

the campsite is sheltered by high hedges and has its own sports pavillion with showers and toilets. (the main sports centre also has over 40 showers and toilets)

www.bjc2012.co.uk is the place to keep up to date with our progress and where to head to pre reg for this brilliant event.

Mini

For overseas people there are flights to the local airport (2 miles away) from Ireland, Barcelona and Amsterdam via Easyjet.

It's relatively* near London if you fancy combining the BJC with some time there you might want to look into it

Pre reg is £75 until 16th Feb

* as in it's in that rough part of the country <1hr to a major London train station

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
Re: BJC 2012, 11th – 15th April, Southend on Sea, Essex
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »
Sorry for bumping this, but I just wanted to let you guys know that I'll be there! I've been wanting to go to the BJC for a couple of years but never had the time to do it. This year, I can finally make it. I'm already looking forward to it, and I'm hoping to meet many diaboloists there.

Mark BMC

• Donator
Re: BJC 2012, 11th – 15th April, Southend on Sea, Essex
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 08:47:33 PM »
good news!

Always nice to meet new diabolo folks, im sure the usual suspects will be their.

seán_

@Ceri-Anne, I look forward to seeing you at the BJC :)

Workshops

Emily, who is co-originating the workshops has asked if I could find some diaboloists willing to commit to running some workshops so lets see if we can get together a strong list.

Donald Grant has already offered and 'the' Marky Jay is teasing me with a potential workshop. We could do with a good variety of workshops to cover all abilities from complete beginners to real hardcore masterclass type stuff. We have a good variety of diaboloists in the UK and hopefully some overseas visitors who can add to the mix so it would be a good opportunity to get some interesting workshops together.

So any offers, any requests? And any thoughts on having a Diabolo.ca meetup/trickshare as one of the sessions.

PRE-REG
ends the 16th of feb, there's still time to get the reduced price

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Oh prereg already ends at 16th... Now I need to start thinking this over seriously.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

donald grant

• Donator
Marko, what's to think about, you KNOW you want to be there!

@ Ceri-Anne, good news, you'll have a blast!

Yes, I'll be there as well (I'm co-organising the show, but there's always time for play!)

Only 10 weeks to go, why wouldn't you???

Donald

samuli

• VotW Contributor
Marko let's book the flights so that we can spend some time of with our Brrrr-friends. How about a tour?
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Samuli we fly already on eastern. Loads of holidays then. That way there's like 6 days in Brighton, before the BJC. It will be like week and a half vacation in uk. I'm totally in. Just need to check with L about places to sleep.

donald grant

• Donator
Yay, that's the spirit boys!  Come and experience the Langerz his natural habitat!  Thrill at the sight of the elusive Heathcote!  Beer at prices slightly cheaper than at home!  It's the holiday of a lifetime!!!

samuli

• VotW Contributor
Ye, That's what we do. Beware DG, these lads are coming to the islands.
www.fdc2016.org /www.supiainen.com

Mark BMC

• Donator
Id'd be up for a pre bjc brighton mission.

Andy

I shall be coming as usual :)
Thinking of doing a workshop possibly... something based around those same old body moves I always do (you know you've always wanted to learn them mark).
Anyone got any tips or links about doing good workshops? I don't want to do loads of body move basics but I realise I should give people who don't know where to start something to work on..

seán_

I've started a thread for general tips on workshops in this thread.

Thanks for considering doing a workshop Andy, It's a good sign that you are seeking info on how to run a good one it shows you are willing to put the thought into it.

I've had some replies from several people so far, below is a rough confirmed list:

Allen Goldie, 'complete beginners/combining basic moves' Allen has offered a series of basic workshops throughout the week targeting beginners/improvers

Ceri-Anne, 'Pull-the-string tricks' workshop, ala Triangles

Donald Grant (we are not worthy)

Ken 'Stick releases (inc contact/manipulation)'  Int/adv. "focusing mainly on variations to well known 1 diabolo tricks/principles. There'll be a bit of contact/manipulation-esque stuff as well, but I guess it all falls under the stick release category".

Marko and Samuli 'No added spin. 100% diabolo. Say no to additives and artificial moves.'

Susannah, '2d arm/leg moves'.

Thank you to those who have responded so far, keep the offers coming.

LaNgErZ

• Donator
Hmmmm this is looking to be quite an awesome event eh?... mark you're more than welcome to hit brighton for a few days, and you Donald however inconvenient that may be haha.

Seems to me a lot more diaboloists going this year,
I should be there for my second BJC this year too, Looking forward to seeing you all again (If you forgot I was the Geordie with the Red G4 Finesse :D )

See y'all there :-)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
So it's happening now. I managed to move some of my juggling teaching work and one performance to others. Now fully free to come to BJC. Just registered as well. Once I get some more money to my account I'll be booking flights. Most likely Sam and I will be arriving Brighton area around 6th. That's where the pre-convention will be taking it's place...

Ceri-Anne

• VotW Contributor
That's very good news Marko!!!!!! :-D

seán_

Bump:
Last day to get the pre-pre-reg pricing (until midnight GMT I assume) then it goes up £10 followed by a further rise if paying on the door (I think that's how it works)

The Void

No, the pre-pre-reg is already over. The pre-reg is ending tonight. Then it will be (£10?) more on the door.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

Ollie

• VotW Contributor
Got my pre-reg ticket with 1hr30m to spare. Thanks for the reminder.

see you all there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal