Author Topic: four inch diabolos  (Read 3585 times)

Lt.Tom

four inch diabolos
« on: October 27, 2011, 03:18:31 AM »
Hi. I'm new around here. I've read the equipment guides, and done a lot of searching today, and I understand that no one, for any reason, should ever entertain the thought of buying a diabolo smaller than five inches. What I haven't been able to find is why that is. I get that since it's bigger, it's easier to see, and probably easier to catch. Is the bigger one just easier to play in general? Are there any other reasons?

Also, I was reading a 3 year old thead that said there would be a fixed axle conversion coming out for the Fly, but I don't see one any where. Did they not ever get released?

Stupid question #3 - does anyone know what color the glow in the dark Finesse is in the light?  ::)

maxmaestro

Re: four inch diabolos
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 01:29:29 PM »
for question number one. yes they are basically easier. the bigger they are the longer they spin.
question number 2 its called the sundaia sun
number three its a sort of greeny white

hope that helped

Lt.Tom

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 03:56:26 PM »
Thanks!

Lt.Tom

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 03:14:53 AM »
Thanks again. OK, here's why I ask. The store that I prefer to support is out of all of the recommended diabolos. Heaven only know when they will get more in. I want to get started learning. Right now they have;
 the Sundia Nimble, (5", but is it too fragile for a brand new beginner?)
 the Duncan Phoenix (Not well liked, but 5" and heavier)
 or most of the quality 4" diabolos.
For a beginner which do y'all think would be the lesser evil?

thomazz

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 11:18:20 AM »
if those are your only choices, i would either wait or seek another shop,

if you really want know, I think the sundia nimble would be the 'lesser evil'  :P but keep in mind that it is only 240 grams and that they'll scratch very fast, you could be quite dissapointed

so plz find yourself another shop or wait until the shop gets the diabolos you want

Lt.Tom

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2011, 01:03:36 PM »
I appreciate your help. Yeah, I've just decided to get something to mess with while I'm waiting. It will just be my first one, it won't be last one, or my main one. I imagine I could find a Circus or a Finesse online somewhere. Honestly, I'm old and I still worry about using my charge card on the internet.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 09:10:27 AM »
If you want something to play with before you find a better model I would go for the Pheonix. I know many here are against it for some reason. I have played it and well it feels a little more like toy than more sturdy diabolos (finesse and circus). Main reason why people don't recommend Pheonix is actually this, most of us live in Europe. Duncan doesn't have their products as widely spread here as in the US. Actually for me it took quite a long time until I found Pheonix to try and even that was sponsored to our contest by Duncan. And shipped overseas. I've never actually seen Phoenixes sold in Europe.

Really, there's nothing wrong with it. To be honest. It's quite handy to be able to test out bearing and fixed modes. This way you can learn what you prefer and later on when buying other diabolos you already know if you want bearing or fixed. On top of that Pheonix is at good pricepoint and usually sticks are included. Totally worth of the price. And being decent sized it works well. Also if you later on get circus or finesse you'll end up having pheonix as your bearing diabolo. ;)
┬źDiabolo, whiter than the whitest!┬╗

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal