Author Topic: Losening Circus's's's's (tight nuts)  (Read 5850 times)

Spink

Losening Circus's's's's (tight nuts)
« on: August 25, 2005, 12:31:16 PM »
Hi iv'e finally got round to getting teflon hubs for my circi, but i cant undo the nuts.

I've soaked then in WD40 but to no avail

if i use a socket set it just starts shearing the bolts.

Any Ideas?
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2005, 12:53:24 PM »
If you have a proper socket set (or torque wrench set) you should be able to find a socket which will fit exactly.  I don't have a circus nor know the exact size you're looking for, (guess 10mm?) but if you find the right one and a suitably sized rachet wrench, they'll come undone with a bit of effort.  But make sure it's the right size and it doesn't wiggle at all.  And if you can't move it, put a longer pipe over the handle for more leverage.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

JC

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2005, 01:21:11 PM »
You must use a bolt of a lock with 10mm, then you could open it.
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2005, 07:35:58 PM »
what you need to do is get TWO 10mm sockets and you need the ratchets for them. hold one in each hand, and twist in opposite directions. you must use metric 10mm, DONT USE AMERICAN SIZES. trust me i've tried this, it just doesnt work.

and you probably need the ratchets because sometimes they can be on there really really tight. on a friend's diabolo he had a screwdriver socket and it just wasnt enough leverage.

yet another reason why i'm starting to like finesses much more..they are so easy to put together...

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 02:18:14 AM »
Or if you dont have the ratchets, maybe turning the cups counterclockwise will work... then again if they are extremely tight, then probably not without damaging your diabolo using this method.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

dynamaniac

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 02:20:59 AM »
i discovered the same thing, its hard to loosen them. but i gave up quickly, because i have yet to buy the teflon hubs.
speaking of which... does anyone know where i can get them for cheap in the US? is $19 really the cheapest? dang its so expensive...

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 09:19:12 AM »
yeah, extremespin has em and they are expensive...Firetoys ships to the US and they are much cheaper, plus they have the wide/lightweight kit too.

Mo Ro

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 11:35:56 AM »
be careful though i recently snapped an axel trying to undu one of my harliquins cos the bolts were on that tight and they are a pain in the arse to replace

korppu

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 12:58:51 PM »
Strange, but I have never used any tools when taking circus´s apart,  I have always just twisted the cups..and they have never loosened either

Spink

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 01:50:12 PM »
The main problem is the bolts are soft like brass or summat.

btw Hello moro, nice to see you on the forum :)

fill in the introducie yourself thread and spread the word of ponte :lol:

I dont want the same pronlem as moro, now we have to share my diabolos!
3rd Base + Hubstacks =

JC

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 10:24:45 PM »
The original hat screws are out of brass.
There is concerning thread a big difference between US and Europe,
europeans use metric and US people inch.
my question is now for sample a screw 4-40, 40 threads for one inch but I never understood what means the 4?

dynamaniac

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2005, 05:13:36 AM »
well i got the henry's plastic hubs, and didnt have time to bother trying unscrewing my circus until today.
the key to unscrewing it if u dont have the right size tools:
have one person stand opposite you, holding one cup, and you hold the other cup. then you twist at the same time (you both twist counterclockwise).
i couldnt untwist them on my own, and i thought it would be impossible. just find someone to help you  :D
oh yeah the new hubs are AWESOME, grinds are super quiet, plus i can throw the circus almost as high as my jazz now. if only it didnt cost $24 to buy them and have them shipped...

JC

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2005, 10:18:30 AM »
If you interested next time in a new axe, think to this thread, visit my web site and I think you could get an axe for a better price than 24$!
See also the Thread Ultra Leicht Kit for Henry Circus Diabolos.

Jsam

unscrewing circus's
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2006, 07:36:54 PM »
hey I had to undo my circus's to switch the colors around and it is pretty easy if you have the right tools
1 first use a adjustible wrench to hold on nut then put the wrench in a vice
2 use a metric socket wrench set and find the right size socket
3 twist to the left with the socket wrench.

I will be posting pics soon
Green and Black circus's Oh Ya!

tommi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2006, 02:29:39 PM »
I got henry's plastic hubs today and the problem is that one of the nuts is stuck in the thing that goes through the whole thing (word for that please) And now I can't get the other nut tight enough and basicly the cups just are bit loose now. The diab seems to work allright and I'm gettin hold of those finger grinds, but it would be nice to get it bit tighter. Any ideas how to get the nut out or the other one tighter?.

seán_

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2006, 03:49:36 PM »
one way to get that brass nut off might be to get 2 other open nuts and tighten them against each other (thus locking them, you'll need two spanners or whatever) then you should find the brass nut can be removed.

You havent forgotten the small washers have you? or aditional thin washers to take up the slack.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal