Author Topic: How do you speed up your diabolo?  (Read 40266 times)

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
Re: How do you speed up your diabolo?
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2006, 04:17:11 PM »
I mostly do orbits for speeding up 1d. For 2d is mainly continuos backwraps.

I do use a cool way to speed up one diabolo when im doing over the arm tricks though(which is the infinite monorail which others probably use too)
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Scooby

« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2006, 04:42:43 PM »
Nice. :lol:

if you dont mind..   what type of axels do you have on your Circus's?

i have just got some money from a previous show and i find the circus's to be a little heavy for fans.
------------------------------------------------
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2006, 05:00:20 PM »
Let's keep the Henrys axle discussion to the relevent thread:
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=32

Chris is using regular width "teflon" hubs with regular axles I believe. Have a look through the above thread for more on that.

Scooby

« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006, 05:11:30 PM »
sorry   :lol:
   //smacks hands for typing.

thanks
ALL YOUR DIABOLO ARE BELONG TO US!!!

dave114

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2006, 09:27:32 PM »
Well I find wrapped orbits good for speed acceleration. I find that chinese acceleration makes your string snap easier/quicker.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my Great-Uncle did not like the passenger in his car!

dynamaniac

« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2006, 02:38:06 AM »
i usually use a left backwrap for orbits and a right backwrap for chinese whips. i think im more comfortable with left backwraps.

wooftang

« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2006, 06:03:00 PM »
i use over the foot/leg puppetmaster(1 handed)
or chinese whips
another good way is chinese whips alternating with power thrusts(normal whips with a wrap) it gives a good image :wink:

why do all these accelerations use a wrap(well all the ones that normal people can do)

Graham

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2006, 11:18:40 PM »
Quote from: wooftang
why do all these accelerations use a wrap(well all the ones that normal people can do)
I would guess it's because that way there is more friction between the string and diabolo - so the movement of the string is more easily transferred to the diabolo. And also, in the case of chinese whips, it stops the diabolo flying off :)

fredo

« Reply #48 on: March 28, 2006, 06:38:40 PM »
btw, what's the difference between chinese whips, chinese snaps, chinese whip thrusts and power thrusts??? these names are so confuding... :?  Could so film it? :wink:

martijn

« Reply #49 on: March 28, 2006, 06:46:23 PM »
The most important are: orbit acceleration and chinese acceleration. I think you know what those are, that's all you need to know really. :wink:

fredo

« Reply #50 on: March 28, 2006, 06:50:36 PM »
right :wink:...good tricks are better than good accelerations. I know orbit aceleration, a low and slow one and a higher and faster one (above the head).and the chinese...walking around while chinese accelerating or doing suns/sats is much better than having much ways of accelerations

JC

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: March 28, 2006, 07:03:14 PM »
Here you could find the differences.
Hier sind die Unterschiede ganz gut erklärt.

http://www.diabolotricks.com/Addspin.htm
www.diabolonet.de - email to: diabolo-kits@web.de
MONOBOLOS, Henrys Circus, Vision and MB Finesse with round shaped axles

mango

« Reply #52 on: April 02, 2006, 12:53:41 AM »
does the "umbrella" trick accelerates the diabolo?

frank0072

« Reply #53 on: April 02, 2006, 06:26:23 AM »
I can't perform the umbrella but I am almost sure it doesn't add speed. The diabolo isn't wrapped and is pullede rather violently from left to right and back, I can't see where it gets the friction to accelerate. And even íf it should accelarate say from left to right, the other way around it would lose speed. That is my theory, I can't perform the trick so I don't know what it does exactly.
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #54 on: April 02, 2006, 07:35:20 AM »
i do this trick all the time, it's good for giggles, and it seems to speed up the diabolo.

i did an experiment a month or so back, i sped up the diabolo and let it sit on my string. i didnt do anything except stare at my clock. the speed died almost completely out in about 20 seconds. therefore, you can assume that any trick that adds/maintains spin would let the diabolo spin longer, and a trick that takes away spin would be shorter.

so i sped up the diabolo a minimal amount (not about to fall off, but not a crazy amount of spin either) and i started to do a regular umbrella (medium speed). i umbrelled for about a full minute or so, and i could've gone longer had my point not already been proven/my arms started to feel weary. from this simple experiment, it seems like the umbrella can maintain spin (or add it just a little). it's not a way to speed up a diabolo, but i believe it can be used to keep spin going indefinitely, similar to the Sfan.

frank0072

« Reply #55 on: April 02, 2006, 10:15:41 PM »
Quote from: Matt_
i do this trick all the time, it's good for giggles, and it seems to speed up the diabolo.

i did an experiment a month or so back, i sped up the diabolo and let it sit on my string. i didnt do anything except stare at my clock. the speed died almost completely out in about 20 seconds. therefore, you can assume that any trick that adds/maintains spin would let the diabolo spin longer, and a trick that takes away spin would be shorter.

so i sped up the diabolo a minimal amount (not about to fall off, but not a crazy amount of spin either) and i started to do a regular umbrella (medium speed). i umbrelled for about a full minute or so, and i could've gone longer had my point not already been proven/my arms started to feel weary. from this simple experiment, it seems like the umbrella can maintain spin (or add it just a little). it's not a way to speed up a diabolo, but i believe it can be used to keep spin going indefinitely, similar to the Sfan.

ok, so I was wrong. How nice is that. I have to learn that umbrella.... (last time I hit myself in the face with the diabolo... trauma!)
some people think they are better because they can do something better

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

jake jones

« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2006, 02:52:06 PM »
I need help ..... i cant seem to land loop whipping. im finding it hard to get into and land.. can somebody please send me or make a video to discribe how to do it. thank you if you could...:) sean. i mean .. look on the videos of this guy doing it. he has a purply pink diabolo. he dus the video to fast. it confused me

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2006, 03:26:15 PM »
Hi Jake,

I think there might be some useful posts in this thread that I merged your message to.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "loop whipping" I assume you mean the trick referred to as Chinese Whip Thrusts at diabolotricks.com?

Otherwise, have a look through the "Add Spin" section of diabolotricks.com.

Wrap, move hand up and down. Keep the other hand loose. Keep an angle on the string. Practice. That's about it. ;)

spider leg7

« Reply #58 on: December 28, 2007, 12:58:58 AM »
I am trying to get loads of speed for my tricks, and I have been using sun pulls.  I want to know if that is the technique I should be using, and if so, i also need some pointers.

Oh, and any tips for the "Tomicide" would be nice as well.

TY

William

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #59 on: December 28, 2007, 01:04:14 AM »
Hello. Please have a search around the forum for what you are after. Its not hard and you'll find what you need alot quicker than posting and waiting for somebody else to write something up. If you can't find anything after that, then start a new thread.
I found this thread on How do you speed up your diabolo
William - YouTube! "NO! If they're blue, you should not touch your nuts." - Aaro

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal