Author Topic: Sprinkler is KILLING ME!!  (Read 15677 times)

sballe

Sprinkler is KILLING ME!!
« on: August 26, 2005, 11:19:50 AM »
I started 2D for about a month ago - I've got the corrections, speedwraps and backwraps going pretty well. Time for some tricks, I thought, but the SPRINKLER is KILLING ME.

I have already read a bunch of stuff in here about it, seen all the videos, but there doesn't seem to be an in depth toturial for it...

I can get into the sprinkler, keep it for at while, but typical beginners problem, I CANT GET OUT. I use left backwrap to get in, which I find easyest, but that leaves me with suicide exit (hopeless!) or right front unwrap, and my arms kinda feels too short! I cant unwrap the damn thing, because I cant reach around it!

Then I thought about doing a right backwrap to enter, which seems to make exit easier, since I then would use right back unwrap to exit - only thing is right backwrap is pretty damn hard - seems to make the sprinkler really small and fast, so it only goes a couple of rotations then crashes.

Could someone PLEASE give a more detailed tutorial on HOW TO ENTER AND EXIT the sprinkler, the easiest way. Explain what to do when, how to control the sprinkler more (mine seems to wanna run of to the right) and generally just explain what to do with which arm and when!!!

Cheers,
ZballZ

Will^

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 11:26:27 AM »
I find the easiest way to do the sprikler is with a left front wrap. This leaves you with a right back unwrap to get out of it, which is very easy. Although, getting into it can be tricky, but I like to practise it, seeing as it is similar motion to a left sun through the arms and also a left vortex. Start off by practising left frontwrapping from the shuffle, after you can do that, stat working on the sun. After you get the sun, its just the matter of doing the same motion but keeping both the diabolos on the loop (landing between your hards not over the right).

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 01:26:24 PM »
left backwrap problems: Enter it I have no problem but exitting my friend told me to do a right front unwrap and I can reach around cause I step to the side a little.  However when I unwrap at the end there's a loop around one of the two diabolo's and I have no clue where it came from.

Left front wrap problems:  If I enter it I can do everything perfectly, if i get into it.  Wrapping in the front is much harder than in back, also make sure you wrap both diabolo's.

Tom Derrick

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 02:24:59 PM »
Quote from: J_J777
However when I unwrap at the end there's a loop around one of the two diabolo's and I have no clue where it came from.

This is because you only unwrap one diabolo. I find doing this, then unwrapping over the left stick, then a right backwrap to change direction a lot easier to control than unwrapping both diabolos.

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 02:50:20 PM »
I'm SO glad someone started this topic!

I have all problems listed above - can't come close to the left frontwrap, unwrapping often leaves one wrapped, etc...

I find the suicide exit the easiest, BUT I have a huge consistancy problem.
When I do catch the stick, I often find the diabolos right on top of each other with no hope of restarting the shuffle. Other times they are spread out and easy to restart.

So... is there a way -- timing perhaps -- of getting the better result?

Will^

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 03:58:53 PM »
I think it just comes down to practising really. If you want to go the same way as me, just keep practising the left front wrap.

I found this way much easier, as when I speed up 1D, I use orbits and then mix it up with right unwrap back into left front wrap, and over again.

Jonnyh

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 11:29:24 PM »
If you do left wrap into sprinkler, I find it sort of helps if you turn so the diabs are in front of you then do a right back unwrap exit. It will help you get a feel of how it works, and soon you'll be able to do it without turning.

mil

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2005, 12:09:00 AM »
did you treat too get out with a suicide, it sounds dificult but I think it´s the easyer way.
--sorry for my English--

tomangleberger

• Donator
Re: Sprinkler is KILLING ME!!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2005, 01:14:53 AM »
Quote from: sballe
I can get into the sprinkler...

What position are your hands in when you are in the sprinkler. i recently started doing it "Norbi-style" where my right hand turns down so that the right stick is vertical. This changed everything about my sprinkler, it's bigger, goes for longer, suicides-out better. (Still not consistent enough, though)

Maybe watch a Norbi video to get the idea.

I may start living my entire life "Norbi-style."

jakethecakebhs

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2005, 01:30:10 AM »
hey when i get into sprinkler the diabolos go straight to to the right stick  ................................ Do i need to pull on the right stick a bit harder                             ????
a little about me::  im 13 and have had a diabolo for less then a year. I have just accomplished or been able to juggle 4 balls and working towards 5 balls.I really need help with getting into the trick excalibur

seán_

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2005, 01:43:00 AM »
I find its a balance thing Jake. you need to get the hyperloop settled nicely in the middle, having the sticks held subtle and in line seems to help me a lot

jakethecakebhs

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 01:49:09 AM »
Thanks i think i will go practice its a bit hard till i get my  new diabolos . Because i have got these 2 little yohos to practice with and they turn really easilly
a little about me::  im 13 and have had a diabolo for less then a year. I have just accomplished or been able to juggle 4 balls and working towards 5 balls.I really need help with getting into the trick excalibur

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 01:58:15 AM »
you need to get the HYPERLOOP settled nicely in the middle, having the sticks held subtle and in line seems to help me a lot

for a second I was confused like what's a hyperloop?  Then it hit me how a "sprinkler" is more apporpriatly named a hyperloop than sprinkler.

ledge

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2006, 11:28:54 PM »
I just can't get the suicide exit at all, the stick whips around so damn fast it hits my hand and bounces straight out before I can even think about grabbing at it. Any tips for slowing it down?

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2006, 11:56:36 PM »
it's gonna whip around at that speed, one suggestion; switch to carbon fibre, they hurt less, or when you let go, move the stick that you are going to release as close as you can to the diabolos and when you let go, move your hand close to the other side of the string and it should land nicely into your hand.

looby

• Donator
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2006, 01:34:18 AM »
in regard to the suicide exit issue, i find it easier to 'pop' the diabolos just before you release the stick. By pop i mean do a very smooth down and up movement with your arms to cause the diabs to do a larger orbit when releasing the stick.  The larger orbit motion seems to reduce the speed considerably and makes 'spotting your landing' somewhat easier.

Hope it helps
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

tomangleberger

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 01:46:53 AM »
Quote from: J_J777
move the stick that you are going to release as close as you can to the diabolos

That's really good advice. I'm finally getting consistency and that is a big reason why.

My perfect release stance is with the left hand string hanging straight down to the hyperloop. Meanwhile the right handstick is sticking practically into the hyperloop at a 30-45 degree angle. There is no extra string between the hyperloop and the right handstick.

I also doubt that there's time to see the stick coming around and then close your hand. Use the force. Learn where and when the stick will be coming.

Good luck!

bruce

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 08:38:54 AM »
I can get into the Sprinkler easily using the left back wrap, I can get out using the right front unwrap and do not end up with any unwanted loops around the axle. BUT (most of the time) the diabolos die - they have lost their circular momentum and crash into each other. This happens either if I wait for a while or do the exit immediately. Any help appreciated.

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 12:44:06 PM »
speed the diabolos up more, hold the sprinkler shorter
what also works for me if the diabolos in the sprinkler are already very slow, is kinda throwing the sprinkler a bit while unwraping, with this, the unwrap is slower and the diabolos arent as close as normally

fredo

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 02:00:37 PM »
maybe you could do a movement similar to the 1d slowicide movement.. just swing the sprinkler a bit to the left and let it go...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal