Author Topic: The 4 sprinkler entries: a short tutorial  (Read 38989 times)

seán_

The 4 sprinkler entries: a short tutorial
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2004, 05:35:42 PM »
Quote from: kragen
ah quality stuf!

at the moment my shuffle is pretty much spot on, and with a good throw in I can keep the shuffle going for some time... but as ofyet im not really getting anywhere with the corrections.

I was going to force myself to learn corrections before I learnt any tricks, but thats meanaing im just spending a lot of time doing my pretty much perfect shuffle waiting for the diabolo to go out of correction!

I'm had a quick go at a stopover, and ive heard a grind is a good starter trick, im also keen to have a go at the hyperloop / sprinkler, however ambitious it might be :P but I cant find a good guide or video how to get into it.

bite the bullet and work on corrections, honestly it pays of quicker than you think.

Theres some threads on hyperloops allready, you'll find links to them in the tricks sticky. basically you will want speed so will benefit from knowing how to do backwraps, and really good alignment (corrections come in helpfull here),

The wayI learned to do hyperloops came after I learned short suns to the left. The motion i like to think of for doing it is sending both diabolos over the left stick as if into a stopover (if you keep the left stick pointing forward you get a shuffle over, if you angle it the string slips by into a hyperloop).

Others find it easier to think of the entry to be thought of as putting a wrap around both diabolos. any way, check the videos and good luck

(and work on the tricks on www.2diabolo.net if you are short ofideas)

Punkerpanda

« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2004, 04:21:45 PM »
sean, do you think you could upload the movie again for a day so i may download it? i've decided to try to learn sprinklers, and when you first uploaded the movie i was at the point where i just looked at the movie in awe. i woudl greatly appreciate it.

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2004, 06:25:47 PM »
Viktor, the video is still on my site - I had just changed the file name since I posted the direct link in the original message.

I updated the link in this thread to refer to the video page of Diabolo.ca. Thanks for the heads up!

Sean

Punkerpanda

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2004, 06:57:30 PM »
oooh, i think i just did the sprinkler, it didnt last very long but that might be cause i didnt have enough speed, i will work on it more. thank you so much you guys, i love this trick

the other problem i just noticed is that the whole thing seems to go my right, and sometimes one diabolo misses the string, but besides that, it's coming along fairly well.

diabololi

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2004, 07:23:40 PM »
I had those problems, Punk, you will never miss it after a few weeks (on purpose). And I find that I move my left stick up slowly becuase this keeps it going for a little longer - maybe that why its going to the right.

Well done for getting it, it was the trick I always wanted to learn.

Oli

kragen

« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2005, 12:43:38 PM »
im still having problems with the hyperloop :(

I (think) I understand what i'm meant to be doing, a half sun to the left, but simply sending both diabolo over instead of just the one, but im not so sure at what point in the shuffle I need to "send" the diabolo, im sure that why im ending up with a complete mess instead of a hyperloop :P

admitedly I havnt tried loads, but at least I go back to uni soon, someone there can put me right ;)
Justin
Gravity Vomit - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.

J. Alan Atherton

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2005, 04:35:41 AM »
I have a question regarding the hyperloop (or sprinkler).  I have become consistent with getting into the trick, but I have loads of trouble getting out of it.  My current technique is to just quickly unwrap the diabolos.  The result usually is that the diabolos just slide and crash together, tying a nice knot.  I imagine it is a timing problem... I need to just wait for the proper moment.  I have noticed that most people who exit this way (instead of the stick throw method) bounce the diabolos a little at a certain point, then unwrap.  

I also have trouble keeping the hyperloop going for more than 2 or 3 "orbits."  Again, the diabolos just slide together or move along the string toward the right stick (I'm right handed).  

Thank you for any advice you can give.

Alex

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2005, 04:52:58 AM »
cycle, you need more speed on the diabolos to do a sprinkler for any more than a few orbits.  A lot of speed is needed.

As for exits, I learned the suicide exit first.  I think it's a lot easier, you just let go of the stick, and then grab it as it comes around.  Your hand barely moves.  Keep in mind that it tends to come around fast, though.

martijn

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2005, 07:47:15 AM »
Yes, speed is very important for sprinklers. If the diabs aren't spinning fast enough, they just crash together. The more speed, the more 'orbits' the diabs will make.

I learnt the suicide exit first too. It's easier in the beginning, just let it go, and catch it again when the diabolos are unwrapped. If you want to use the unwrap-exit, you should unwrap it entirely. If you don't do it right, one diabolo ends up in a left backwrap (if you're using the left backwrap entry), so when that diabolo travels to the left, you have to unwrap it with your lefthand. That's called 'stop the sprinkler' (which is the exit that I prefer :) )

Good luck with it!

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2005, 09:31:48 PM »
Agreed, I too first learnt the 2D sprinkler as a suicide exit when I first was going (only a few months ago).  Everytime I got into a sprinkler, I instinctively let go of the stick because I wanted to get in and out as quickly as possible.  Of course I would only be able to catch the stick every so often because it does fly round at a great speed and using wooden sticks doesn't help.

I too have had the problem of getting out of a left backwrap sprinkler by front unwrapping with the right, but I end up with one in a wrap and have to quickly sort it out, or mess it up.
Now I've discovered it is much easier for myself personally to get into a sprinkler with a left front wrap (same as a right backwrap) as I can do a double sprinkler and also an exploded sprinkler from this position.  Also getting out of it conventionally is alot easier as it is a right hand back unwrap.  You can't suicide out of this one as easily though.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Paul

exploded sprinkler
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2005, 11:16:16 PM »
HAve you got any tips on how to cually do the exploded sprinkler mate? he video on Priams site isnt quite clear enough. taaaa
Peace

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2005, 05:17:58 PM »
hello everyone,
i have to tell u, when i managed my first triple sprinkler i could not do whipspeeding, i just merryed like hell :)

aaro from kumiankka :)

viiru

« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2005, 09:22:38 PM »
Quote from: Sean
Unless you're Finnish apparently - check out some of the triple sprinklers

That's aaro allright in those videos. I'm practicing triple sprinklers also with just wrapstart and shuffling (merrying) like a maniac (should we start to call this a finnish sprinkler entry :D). You get enough speed with that technique also.

I also start sprinklers comletely different than in those videos. It's more like... umm... really can't explain. But just a wrap with pushing your hand downwards, no pulling diabs in any direction. Let's see if I could make a video out of it.
It's just a world spinning around your diabolo

Jussi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2005, 06:59:20 PM »
i can also do triple sprinkler without whipping.. 2d sync.. but its take a while to get that speed anyway.. with wraps its just a ten rounds and there you go..

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Sprinkler exit help
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2005, 12:24:12 PM »
When I do a sprinkler I can't exit! :x I have tried a suicide exit but the stick spins so fast that I can't catch it. When I just unwrap it the diabolos are too close together or one of them misses the sting. Any pointers? thanks, Leo
Behind your back is your front.

barnesy

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2005, 12:53:02 PM »
It helps to have the diabolos spinning very quickly.  

Also, you kind of need to get the feel of it for yourself, but I think it helps to start with if you try to keep your left hand high and the right hand low.

HTH

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2005, 12:57:09 PM »
cheers mate i will try that now.

I'm getting there........

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #37 on: April 05, 2005, 06:49:43 PM »
If you do left hand backwrap, then it's a right hand front unwrap to get out.  I can't do a RHFU very well and I always miss one of the diabolos.  If when it's sprinkling, you move it closer to the left handstick, then when you suicide it, it'll come round slower, or you can catch the string, whatever you fancy.

I do a lefthand frontwrap instead because I find I can catch both diabolos in and it's just a right hand backwrap to get out again which is much easier.  It's a compromise between getting in and getting out.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2005, 03:14:19 PM »
Cheers, I can do it sometimes now

Ed

« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2005, 05:55:01 PM »
You sound like me, i can do it sometimes to, i think generally it is speed that i need and to keep the diabolos inline because sometimes i can get them to revolve around eachother for a while the one ends up missing the loop and it all knots up! It doesn't help that i have to use 2 completely different diabolos :( . But all that will change tomorrow.....yellow generation 2  :lol: .

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal