Author Topic: The 4 sprinkler entries: a short tutorial  (Read 38990 times)

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
The 4 sprinkler entries: a short tutorial
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2005, 04:01:06 PM »
Hi I have seen a couple of different entries to sprinklers.Is there an entry from a stopover if some one could tell me how to do it that would be great.

Leo
Behind your back is your front.

seán_

hyperloop from a stopover
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2005, 04:15:43 PM »
Do a left  stopover (this isolates one diabolo and allows you to treat the other diabolo as 1d) , send the other one to  join it, if the string stays over the stick you have a 'shuffle over' (shuffle in a stopover)  if you let the string slip off you have a traditional hyperloop.

This was hoe Dave P. developed hyperloops years ago I believe. part of the 'I can do a trick with one, what happens if I do it with two' method.

If you have a look at the 2nd leeds lot video you see how I  do a hyperloop from  a left stick trap, this is a development from the stopover entry since the sticktrap and stopover are fairly similar. (i think its in that clip)

looby

• Donator
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2005, 04:27:52 PM »
i'm trying to nail a sprinkler after exiting a long vortex. I think I have enough speed but since the shufffle is in the opposite direction after exiting the vortex, it makes the sprinkler part very difficult. Does anyone have any ideas in terms of an easier entry/ technique to put forward as I would be most grateful :wink:
Rennes July 10-17th 2011!

Spooned

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2005, 05:09:37 PM »
Have you even watched the video? Theres 4 entries there.
Diabolo or Diablo

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2005, 09:59:59 AM »
Thanks sean_

nev

• Donator
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2005, 09:56:08 PM »
The video seems to have gone (or at least I cannot get it) - any chance of re-posting it ?
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

j0hn

« Reply #46 on: August 10, 2005, 04:04:40 PM »
i'll second that. would anyone be kind enough to host a temp link to this?

martijn

« Reply #47 on: August 10, 2005, 05:03:34 PM »
Here you go: http://66.49.236.16/temp/sean_4sprinklers.mpeg

Unfortunately many vids and pics don't work anymore since Sean switched servers... :(

norbi

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #48 on: August 10, 2005, 05:28:04 PM »
turns out i can do the lfw, i had never even come close without a huge tangle before. But yesterday i had a go and it worked, everytime, really well. COOL..

Chiok

• Donator
« Reply #49 on: August 10, 2005, 06:05:28 PM »
LFW seems to be the only one I can do half decently to keep it going.  My LBW sucks something powerful, and I've had a few successes with RBW which looks more impressive when you enter.  Just wish I could get sprinklers to hold.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

j0hn

« Reply #50 on: August 11, 2005, 09:40:54 AM »
thanks for that martijn, very appreciated!

nev

• Donator
« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2005, 12:25:21 PM »
Huge thanks to Martijn for the re-post.

Can now do all 4 though the RBW (the trianulated one) is very temperamental and usually ends in a huge knot.  When it does work its initially a very small loop (diabs v close together or hitting and causing said knot) until the speed of the diabs spinning pulls them apart into a wider sprinkler.  Any tips on correcting this problem??

Also does anyone actually use the RFW entry on a regular basis.  Can do it but cant see why anyone would want to as its not exactly visually pleasing now is it.
www.Diabolomoves.co.uk/diabolos/ - shop for Sundia diabolos, Handsticks & String

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2005, 01:02:41 PM »
I use a left backwrap to do my sprinklers but they always lose speed at about 5 seconds. even with wrap accelerations.Help please.

fredo

Sprinkler doesn't work
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2005, 01:24:57 PM »
Hi,

I've problems with my sprinkler, it doesn't last as long as you can see it e. g. in the educational videos of tmfp.
My string is very new( i can't hardly do a wrap start :D ), but when the sprinkler starts it goes quickly to the right side.
When I try to keep both arms up, the sprinkler collapses.

thx for help

Flo

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2005, 01:59:14 PM »
you say your string is veray new, perhaps thats the problem!
when I tried the sprinkler the first times I recognized that I needed much speed! Perhaps play a bit with this string and then try again or ask a friend to throw a very fast second diabolo in your string!
cya sparx
German Diabolo Forum: http://www.diabolotreff.de/

Valium

• Donator
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2005, 02:24:35 PM »
learn to speed up your diabolos very fast and dont use a too new string
and if you are using finesse diabolos you shouldnt wonder why you cant hold your sprinkler very long
but when the sprinkler starts it goes quickly to the right side.
When I try to keep both arms up, the sprinkler collapses.

I think you have to use your left arm to correct this, watch the video and look at the hand movements while he is holding the sprinkler (that worked for me)

fredo

Sprinkler doesn't work
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2005, 02:49:13 PM »
Why doesn't the sprinkler work with finesses? Are they too light?
TMFP does it always with finesses... :shock:

Matt_

• Donator
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2005, 07:24:11 PM »
i can do a double sprinkler easily with my G2s, and i suck at 2D :P it's a matter of speed, that's all. you gotta get em going crazy fast or else the sprinkler will collapse.

Tom Derrick

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2005, 11:02:40 PM »
I think the trick is to get the diabolos moving as quickly as possible rather than getting them spinning quickly. Sync or right only shuffles are great for doing this.

Jeppesen

Re: The 4 sprinkler entries: a short tutorial
« Reply #59 on: October 23, 2006, 01:03:57 PM »
Nice tutorial it really helped me:D
3 cirkus( red orange and yellow)with allround tuning kit. 3 finesse( red orange'n green)6.g weight kit on all three and wide axle, henry alu sticks and carbon white. soon 3 yoho's

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal