Author Topic: 3d Sprinkler (asynch/synch)  (Read 19139 times)

Nathan

3d Sprinkler (asynch/synch)
« on: September 02, 2005, 01:50:25 AM »
I recently came into poseesion of a semi-solid async 3d shuffle. I can usually get 20+ throws, and sometimes as many as 50. I figured it was high time I concieved a list of 3d tricks to learn. Naturally, a three diabolo sprinkler is on  said list (at the very bottom, of course).

If mempry serves, however, the only three diaboloists I've ever seen execute the trick all use sync style with 3d. Is this just a coincidence, or is the sad truth that a 3d sprinkler can only be achieved from a sync pattern?

please note: this is really for discussion's sake. I don't even plan on attempting the trick any time soon.

KaTurN

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005, 05:08:21 AM »
Ive never even seen 1 it must not last for long at all if you have a video please post it

Matt_

• Donator
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005, 05:20:12 AM »
yabe did it at the wjf last year, you can see it in norbi's little video of ryo last year. it was LH BW to suicide out.

Arjan

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005, 08:09:35 AM »
Ok, Ryo, Tony... and who is that 3th guy??

Matt_

• Donator
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2005, 08:44:21 AM »
yeah i was wondering that too...was it you, Arjan? :P

Arjan

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2005, 08:54:39 AM »
No, I don`t even have a stable 3 a-synch low... I`m thinking people like Sean and Tahia.

Dai

• VotW Contributor
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2005, 10:04:02 AM »
Bertrand has a async 3d shuffle and he can do sprinkler.

Dai.

Smoky

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2005, 10:13:58 AM »
oooooouu bertrand can a 3d sprinkler?

Pete

• VotW Contributor
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2005, 12:54:34 PM »
Video please??? Preferably from the start of the shuffle, i need an idea of how much speed is needed to pull it off. Is inside sprinkler possible. I know inside and outside suns are possible (fred did inside sun in his last vid) but i've never seen an inside sprinkler.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2005, 01:09:14 PM »
wow bertrand, i can´t believe how many hours did it take you to learn all you know about three diabolos.It took me about 5 months of hard work to learn 3 low and i don´t want to think how many time will take me to do an sprinkler(Suicide out?).

maybe bertrand could be the best three diabolo low player around the world, at least for me, i like more his style than ryo yabe´s one.

Arjan

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2005, 01:11:52 PM »
Quote from: Pete
Video please??? Preferably from the start of the shuffle, i need an idea of how much speed is needed to pull it off. Is inside sprinkler possible. I know inside and outside suns are possible (fred did inside sun in his last vid) but i've never seen an inside sprinkler.

You are mixing the terms of inside and outside sprinklers.

A inside sprinkler is one people have done already, where the sprinkler is made with a inside loop, and a outside suicide exit (most common).

A outside sprinkler is done with a outside loop/wrap around both. Also a reverse sprinkler entry is a outside sprinkler. The exit is done by undoing the loop/wrap around both diabolo`s on the inside.

Offcourse... you can play with this and find new sprinkler entrys for yourself, ones wich are not so common. And also new exits! But first understand the basics. And... this counts for 2 and 3 diabs.

Martijn

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2005, 03:01:17 PM »
Lukas (the French? guy who isn't on the internet) also can do 3d sprinkler. Check last years EJC video. Try to imagine how good he is now... :shock:

Dai

• VotW Contributor
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005, 04:20:53 PM »
Lukas (the French? guy who isn't on the internet) also can do 3d sprinkler. Check last years EJC video. Try to imagine how good he is now... Shocked

I talked with Lucas few days ago and he doesn't practice anymore.

Bertrand is able to do the classic sprinkler (personally, I call it outside sprinkler) with suicide.
But he doesn't like sprinklers because it needs a lot of speed.

I wanted him to do the inside sprinkler for our video but we didn't try a lot.
He was able do it but always had the reflex to do the suicide.

Dai.

norbi

• VotW Contributor
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005, 04:38:16 PM »
Lucas had an async shuffle (whether he practices anymore or not) and as Dai pointed out, so does Bertrand. I guess the sync gives for more speed becuase of the strong right hand presence, which makes it easier to get one that holds for any length of time.

Dai

• VotW Contributor
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005, 05:00:05 PM »
The key of the sprinkler is the speed.
Thus, if you have an async 3d shuffle, you must have the wrap acceleration.

I suppose that sprinkler is also easier for sync diabolists because their shuffle is lower than async 3d shuffle (the start seems easier).

Dai.

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005, 05:15:52 PM »
yeah, I don't work on suns too often, but I always end up going into synch right before the sun.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

fildas

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005, 08:15:37 PM »
er,is a not a lot of can sprinkler wiht 3d....bertrand,ryo,tony and???
.....sorry, my english is not good.....

Nathan

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2005, 09:36:07 PM »
Thanks for the input everyone, It was very informative. The 3rd person I had seen doing a 3d sprinkler in a sync pattern was on a video from the shiltons' site. I tried to find it, but all of their links have gone dead.  The video in which tony did a 3d sprinkler was the same video where he did a bunch of 3 and 4 diabolo tricks. Ryo, as mentioned by Matt_, performed the trick in norbi's wjf video.

I was trying to do 3d suns (straight from async, not reverting to sync), and I found it to be possible for me, but I can't keep the pattern going at all after the sun. I imagine it is possible to do a sprinkler, but until I have a stable backwrap in async 3, I wont be attempting it anytime soon.

Pete

• VotW Contributor
3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2005, 10:11:29 PM »
I think it is easier to get into 3d sprinkler from synch than asynch, i can get in       from sych (but cant hold it or exit) but i cant even get into it from asych, i always sort of miss 1 diab its weird.  I used to go into it from wrap start for the fun of it but theres neo where near enough speed. Perhaps an entry from  a wrap acceleration might be easier in asynch.

Arjan, sorry about inside/outside mistake. I always think slightly differently about the inside outside wording. This  will sound weird but i think of it the other way around. So a left sun is outside to me but inside to you. I do understand the inside/outside principle i just think of it differently. I think  in terms of close or far from the body. Working simply, with 1 diab an inside sun to me (the sun most people would use in 2 high sitswap 31) is outside to you. I just find it easier to understand this way.  This is probably very confusing. I hope this is clear.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

Smoky

3d sprinkler in async?
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2005, 08:31:20 AM »
my friend from czech republick has a asychro shufling and he do sprinkler yestrday but only one

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal