Author Topic: Diabolo.ca VotW: 12 February 2012: Marat Ahmetshanov 2011 forsideshow  (Read 4078 times)

skywalker

Hi, guys! This is my first diabolo video clip. Do not judge too strictly, please.

Диаболо. Ахметжанов Марат ForsideShow

skywalker

Re: Diabolo.ca VotW: 12 February 2012: Marat Ahmetshanov 2011 forsideshow
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 10:47:41 AM »
How can i attach my video on main page like previos VotW Video?

spryoyabe

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
You aren't allowed to do that. It is something that is done by a moderator, who I believe is normally Duncan. Nice video though ;)

skywalker

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2012, 01:56:33 PM »
Thanks a lot.   I hope that it will be on the front page  ;)

Scharling

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2012, 03:45:56 PM »
Cool video, but why do you call it VotW?

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 03:55:13 PM »
It was a nice video, yes.

Regarding votw status, we've had a policy on what gets to be a votw for a few years now (http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=2404.0), and usually they entail short videos with one trick or a few tricks that are original, creative, or rarely seen. See the votw submission form as well: http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?page=votwsubmit

Longer video haven't been the trend in the past (we have had the rare exception). It has also been an unwritten policy that submitted videos mean that we have been given the go ahead to publish it first before you do, and as such we don't tend to accept videos that have already been published online (simply, we don't republish them).

Perhaps that needs to change. The Kendam Forum (http://www.kendama.co.uk/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html) has a trend of simply featuring interesting videos as their videos of the week, rather than being submitted and exclusively published via diabolo.ca or the youtube channel. Perhaps The Void could talk about how that works in a bit more depth.

Thus, while we haven't had a policy to feature videos where people simply say "hey, I'm a votw: please frontpage me because I labled my topic as a votw", perhaps we should approach the idea of a votw a little differently. The submission process has been successful for the most part, but it does mean that we sometimes go weeks without a featured video.

In sum, I'll simply say that skywalkers change in the topic title to "votw" has got me thinking about our approach to what is a video of the week and how that needs to change. What do other people think?

skywalker

« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2012, 08:43:26 PM »
Dear forum members, moderators, admins and others. If i violated some rules of this forum - i tried to fixed it. If need replace topic or rename it - i will do it. I don't wanna look like sly man! I am new of this forum.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal