Author Topic: Good Diabolo music?  (Read 135399 times)

Tom_G

Re: Good Diabolo music?
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2004, 04:57:52 PM »
I don't really have any special music to listen to when diaboloing.... but usually i dont pick anything that goes through a whole lot of time signatures, but has a constant beat to it.

A few suggestions:
Feeder, Chili Peppers, Queen, U2, Maroon 5, Keane, Aerosmith, Everclear, The Killers, Jamiroquai, Gorillaz, Toploader :wink:

Also some stuff with no singing... Propellerheads and Death in Vegas are great!

But that's just me   :)

(some obscure bands to check out - Atomship, The Postal Service, Sinomatic, Jadis, Porcupine Tree, Spock's Beard- if you can find them  :P )

This has gone a bit off topic, sorry - but hey, its all good  8)
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

Eduardo

« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2004, 05:09:58 PM »
I also like some psytrance, Infected Mushroom, Dali, Psyside, Vortez, GMS and Sensient are some that come to my mind now... Aba Structure - Free Energy is a nice choice...

Mattias

« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2004, 05:38:01 PM »
Quote from: Tom_G

This has gone a bit off topic, sorry

Not at all, it is interesting hearing people's opinions of what music they prefer, and I am sure more people than me have gotten something from this thread.

Thanks once again :)
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

martijn

« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2004, 10:51:02 PM »
Dream Theater, The Offspring, Metallica, KoRn, J.M. Jarre (synthesizer)...and so on

diabololi

« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2005, 04:50:05 PM »
Word has got around after my last performance and I have been asked to do a performance at a charity (tsunami) auction! Wehey, but I think a performance to music would work better than a demonstration in these circumstances.

The only problem is that I have no taste in music  :oops: . I would appreciate it if you could point me in the right direction of some. I will be doing basic 3 and 4 ball juggling, flowersticks and diabolo. I think I will sync the performance with the music, so I need the music first and the performance is on friday.

Thanks
Oli
P.S. Should I change the music when I change prop?

martijn

« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2005, 04:54:40 PM »
You can try Fatboy Slim, Chemical Brothers, Prodigy.... Or something more relaxed like Bob Marley :wink: or you can use heavy metal!!! :P

I don't know what kind of people your public are, but I would take a *relaxed* song from Fatboy Slim. I love to juggle or diabolo on that music! :D

Switching the music, when you switch the prop can be a good idea, IF you have a long act with diabolo, and a long act with juggling, etc. If you don't, it can be confusing, maybe even irritating if you switch the music all the time...

Good luck with your performance! :D You can do it!

diabololi

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2005, 05:00:01 PM »
Thanks. I don't actually really have any music, so is there any nice music available on the internet? It is a church thing, I think, so maybe not heavy metal! My act will be quite short (5-10mins)so I think I will merge the flowerstick and juggling with 1 bit of music and change with the diabolo.
Thanks Oli

Tom_G

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2005, 05:52:37 PM »
I think music has been discussed here mostly, but also in the performing topic. Choose something that suits your style, flowing (ie Vux) or energetic (Tony Frebourg). Maybe also something that most people know and would like - you don't want to scare people off by your choice of music! :)

As for music from the internet.... well there are a few free downloads you can get from band's websites and so on - or there are filesharing programs (I didn't say that :wink: ). Or buy a CD - you can listen to samples and stuff on www.amazon.com

Tom
It takes 24 muscles to smile, 42 to frown, and only 4 to hit someone in the face. Luckily for you, I need the exercise.

diabololi

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2005, 05:56:38 PM »
Thanks for the tips. I will try looking at amazon. Is there any way of extracting music from videos?

Thanks
Oli

Sean

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2005, 06:57:33 PM »
At this point I will point out that Diabolo.ca Forums ® does not in any way condone the sharing of copyrighted music files. :)

Sean

martijn

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2005, 07:22:33 PM »
ooh, I'm sorry :P  :)

diabololi

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2005, 07:31:43 PM »
Thanks, but I don't wana be illegal!! Hmm I might ask some of my music-ey friends to show me some stuff and i'll choose my favourites. Thanks anyway.
Oli

Leeroy

« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2005, 12:35:28 AM »
I listen to nearly every kind of music, while playin' Diabolo(s). Nobody metnioned MOBY...
especially "Run On", "Porcelain", ...  :D

Leeroy

« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2005, 12:41:59 AM »
Besides,
does anybody know, what the song is called which Quentin Bencel uses in his (excellent  :D ) 3-Diabolo movie? ...
... ah, and who is the rapper? I heard it is swedish...

Sharpes

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2005, 12:59:27 AM »
RHCP all the way!
I've used The Doors, CCR (little mellow), RHCP, and Iron Maiden (particularly nice).
Other suggestions: The Who, The Clash. I'd stay away from slow stuff, depends on your style. I also like stuff with a constant beat (LondonCalling), makes it easier to synchronise with the music.
Jacob and Nate Sharpe

MattF

« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2005, 10:42:14 AM »
Quote from: Sean
At this point I will point out that Diabolo.ca Forums ® does not in any way condone the sharing of copyrighted music files. :)

Sean

in that case you should not under any circumstances download any of the wide range of available tunes on PTP programs such as edonkey  :wink:

kamikace

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2005, 05:53:51 PM »
when I play diabolo I use to listen some hard music, like system of a down, watcha, metal or punk, electrofunk, and when I want to play smoother, relaxing and improve my style I listen classic music (bach, wagner,twakowsky). I also heard  a lot of spanish bands (like ska-p! ti-tom, aren´t agree? :lol:  :wink:
Rooted diabolist.

nezzybaby

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2005, 11:22:36 PM »
Ska always Ska!! reel big fish, sublime, less than jake, any cover by NOFX (your favourite songs with a ska beat i swear they've covered everything)

probably many more

cant fault the bob marley or iron maiden though

and for some truly insane diabolo sessions use www.dragonforce.com (herman is the fastest guitarist in the world i promise!)

but honestly anything can work you just have to adjust your style to the music, sometimes this is easier than other, i have problems with hardcore!

just anything you enjoy really

what do people find really hard to diabolo/juggle to? i think eva cassidy could be a problem

pottergs18

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2005, 03:30:53 AM »
IRON MAIDEN
also does ne one here listen to the maiden any more cause they are an older band
*start of short stupid story*
In one of my younger teachers saw me wearing an iron maiden t-shirt and he said i was a bit of a blast from the past lol
*end short story*
also  whats ur fav. cd. for me its brave new world

Dax

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2005, 08:15:18 AM »
Quote from: nezzybaby
Ska always Ska!!

that's right but not the type of ska that you mentioned. you're looking more at catch 22, parka kings, sublime (even though they arent ska), ska-p, gipsy kings and so on.

I always find that old school dance music like livin joy - dreamer get me in the perfect mood. also spanish guitar always works well for me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2023, SimplePortal