Author Topic: Fusing 2 pairs of old sticks - made my own  (Read 2547 times)

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
Fusing 2 pairs of old sticks - made my own
« on: March 12, 2012, 11:12:22 PM »
Hey guys.

I might not be doing alot of diabolo anymore but I'll keep on annoying you.

So, cleaning my room today I found 2 old pairs of used sticks. My Henrys Glassfiber sticks and my very old (from when I first started doing diabolo) pair of carbons from what I believe might be Mr. Babache. Anyway, the Mr. B sticks were rendered useless because of one of them breaking but, god knows why, I kept them anyways. I decided to be a little innovative and see what I could do with these 2 sets. I chose to take the handles from the Mr. B sticks which I really loved, and found out that they fit perfectly onto a pair of henry's carbon or glassfiber once youve taken off the foam grip. Took me an hour and some frustrating battles with the glue that binded the handles and the sticks, but it worked.

To my surprise, these old hard inner "silicone-ish" tubings that separated the rubber grip from the carbon could fit perfectly. Also, you could fit any grip perfectly onto these tubings. I chose to keep the nostalgic rubber grip but the silicone grips from my xtremes fit perfectly and didnt slide at all.

So heres the final result: 55 grams per stick, as big as a short henrys carbon, good grip and surprisingly good for slack. They flex a little but not too much, they weigh enough to make suicides look clean, they're threaded through the whole stick and looks like a regular pair of carbon sticks. What's not to love?

Hope you enjoyed this and excuse me for my grammar. Its 00.11 on a monday night and im way too tired.
-Tipper

Error 404 - Siteswap not found

michelclarke234

Re: Fusing 2 pairs of old sticks - made my own
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2013, 04:50:50 PM »
Hey guys.

I might not be doing alot of diabolo anymore but I'll keep on annoying you.

So, cleaning my room today I found 2 old pairs of used sticks. My Henrys Glassfiber sticks and my very old (from when I first started doing diabolo) pair of carbons from what I believe might be Mr. Babache. Anyway, the Mr. B sticks were rendered useless because of one of them breaking but, god knows why, I kept them anyways. I decided to be a move out cleaning little innovative and see what I could do with these 2 sets. I chose to take the handles from the Mr. B sticks which I really loved, and found out that they fit perfectly onto a pair of henry's carbon or glassfiber once youve taken off the foam grip. Took me an hour and some frustrating battles with the glue that binded the handles and the sticks, but it worked.

To my surprise, these old hard inner "silicone-ish" tubings that separated the rubber grip from the carbon could fit perfectly. Also, you could fit any grip perfectly onto these tubings. I chose to keep the nostalgic rubber grip but the silicone grips from my xtremes fit perfectly and didnt slide at all.

So heres the final result: 55 grams per stick, as big as a short henrys carbon, good grip and surprisingly good for slack. They flex a little but not too much, they weigh enough to make suicides look clean, they're threaded through the whole stick and looks like a regular pair of carbon sticks. What's not to love?

Hope you enjoyed this and excuse me for my grammar. Its 00.11 on a monday night and im way too tired.
-Tipper

Hello it is interesting what you got after cleaning your room. Even when I cleaned my room I found strange things. I will share pics in my next post.

Ronnie

• VotW Contributor
Re: Fusing 2 pairs of old sticks - made my own
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2013, 08:31:02 PM »

I think that sums it up :P No but seriously they do look quite unique, maybe not as professional as manufactured sticks but it must be a wicked feeling to know you have sticks nobody else in the world has!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal