Author Topic: Some Possible 2D Records?  (Read 3987 times)

Mediaboy13

Some Possible 2D Records?
« on: May 21, 2012, 01:20:40 PM »
I was at my friends house and decided to set some records  :-D.
Possible 2 Diabolo Records? - juggling videos hosted @ Juggling.tv

Youtube link will be up tomorrow.
Are these new records and what do you all think?

Thanks!
-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

maxmaestro

Re: Some Possible 2D Records?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 06:44:59 PM »
no offence but the last two arent really infinite because you speed up every time...sorta defeats the point. also the vertex's are sort of infinite. it'd be more like saying how many rotations of infinite suicide someone can do...

Vyckinis

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 07:38:59 PM »
pointless for sure.

maxmaestro

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 08:58:28 PM »
pointless is a bit far. and on the upside i hadnt seen the weird vortex with the trapeze stuff... and i just checked. vortex's arent infinite on one beat. i did 15 and then the diabolo's stopped spinning
im sure if you had a good technique you could do more.

Mediaboy13

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 03:06:34 AM »
Thanks for the replies!
The last two were kind of for fun, but i did get further than i expected.
Although if seems like you can do vortexs forever, you can't. Every second beat the non vortex diabolo loses speed and falls off and with every beat they can eventually lose speed or get knoked off by the vortexing diabolo.
I see it far from pointless, read the quote (i posted in another topic) below if you find it pointless.
I agree and disagree.
Some people do diabolo for fun, as a hobbie or to show off what they can do (make videos).
While others who want be a professional diaboloist or want a goal, try to break or set records.

Keep feedback coming!  ;)
-Alex

Icebox

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 03:55:33 AM »
You really shouldn't quote yourself if you're trying to prove a point.... anybody can quote their own philosophy.

More related to the 'records', stuff like this doesn't warrant their own records simply because they really aren't that difficult. Yes, with enough practice somebody could probably do these infinitely, but nobody is really going to want to watch it or be that interested. It's one of the reasons people mainly advocate creativity over technicality: it takes something different to create, rather than do something as many times as possible. Instead of trying to do these things as many times as possible, combine and recombine them, try and develop a personal style. You've already gotten good feedback on the trapeze variations, keep pushing those boundaries instead of trying to push the numbers higher.

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 05:53:02 AM »
I agree with Icebox. I think that tricks like these don't constitute a record. I don't think that they aren't good enough, I just think that this is something that is a bit too simple. With four and five diabolos, people are traveling into sort of uncharted territory where not much has been done. I think in that case it is useful for records, because it shows how far people have gone with the diabolo. For tricks like yours, think "Quality, not quantity."

This is just my opinion on records, that it should be for innovative tricks not common ones.

And lastly, I still think your vortexes are impressive, I can barely do one :-D

Mediaboy13

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 07:47:32 AM »
Okay, i guess you're right.
I'll probably continue working on my video project then.
Also thanks Eric for liking my vortexs  :) i only recently learned them.

-Alex

Sam 1060

Some Possible 2D Records?
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 05:25:07 PM »
Does any one know what the furthest a diabolo has been thrown and caught?  I think that it would be fun to try :)

Crackers

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2012, 07:46:47 PM »
You really shouldn't quote yourself if you're trying to prove a point....

Made my day  :-D

haosone

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 12:09:36 AM »
Does any one know what the furthest a diabolo has been thrown and caught?  I think that it would be fun to try :)
http://diabolo.ca/forum/index.php?topic=581.0
try this topic... don't have time to read it but I gues it's impossible and there gonna be some real records...

Tipper

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2012, 12:14:51 AM »
I'm considering doing a video right now with me beating all of these "records" just to shut this whole discussion down... I just read all this **** and I've already grown tired of it.
Error 404 - Siteswap not found

spryoyabe

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2012, 12:44:37 AM »
I'm considering doing a video right now with me beating all of these "records" just to shut this whole discussion down... I just read all this **** and I've already grown tired of it.

You are my hero.

maxmaestro

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2012, 07:25:42 AM »
dammit. i was gunna do the same :p this is going to become a multiple trick re[cord to beat :p

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal