Author Topic: Finnish Diabolo Nationals 2012 10th to 13th of July  (Read 5921 times)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Finnish Diabolo Nationals 2012 10th to 13th of July
« on: June 10, 2012, 07:13:39 PM »
All right it's contest time again in Finland. We are gathering to Joensuu for Diabolo national contest. Contest will be done outdoors in the main market square of the city of Joensuu. We have a big and good stage there. Contest days are from tuesday to friday. Also we have booked a complete hostel for us so that there's place for everybody to sleep. Event is organized by Finnish Diabolo Association, this year Samuli has pretty much done all the organizing work for us. Huge thanks for him.

Like before we everybody does 6 different freestyles and takes part in three smaller sports:

1. Most vertax gens in a minute (1D)
2. Most minigens in a minute (1D)
3. Most diabolos in the air longest (XD)

Freestyles:
4. 1D 3min
5. 2D 3min
6. 3D 2min
7. 1D Vertax 3min
8. BD The bearing division 3 min
9. MD Monobolos and one cupped ones 2min

Who gets the most points overall wins the title of national champion. This year the contest will be tougher than ever since all the past champions are competing and defending their titles. Hopefully the talented younger guys don't chicken out since I'm personally looking forward for losing to people half of my age ;)

So far there has not been a need to have international division since there has been no foreign people competing. If somebody comes you can compete in general division and you can even win everything. However we can give the title of Finnish Champion to a person who has Finnish nationality. Even Langerz doesn't count, we treat him like a Finn but due to some missing paperwork...

We are always more than happy to have visitors so if you have holidays and plan to fly in please contact me. There's a good chance that I can get you lifts from airport and maybe even free hostel onsite. If you want more info about the event just ask. Cheers.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

Mediaboy13

Re: Finnish Diabolo Nationals 2012 10th to 13th of July
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 12:30:14 AM »
I really wish i could go!!!!  :(

Could someone maybe film some of the stuff and put it up (like Spyroyabe did with the PEH Cup).
Does anyone know if any well known diaboloists are going (like Eljas of Joona)?

-Alex
I used to have an open mind, but my brains kept falling out.

aaro

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2012, 10:04:08 PM »
I'm so excited, gonna be a blast. Like always.

vilihendrix

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 09:27:26 PM »
I'm propably going to make video of the contest and the whole event itself, including wild hostel nights ;)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2012, 05:00:40 PM »
Okay, apparently we aren't getting that many international visitors this year. My car is full now. I'll see how much energy and time I've got to film things. If I'm not performing in all stars show I might be able to stream it live with bambuser. But if I'm gonna be on stage I won't have time for that. 

Anyways, if someone is filming or broadcasting we will put it here. Whole thing starts on next tuesday.

The contest times (GMT +2) are:
Tuesday 11:00-17:00
Wednesday 11:00-13:00 and 15:00-17:00
Thursday 11:00-13:00 and 15:00-17:00
Friday, all stars show at some point of the day.

I'll try to give some info if I'm streaming something live. Luckily from bambuser you can watch stuff also afterwards...

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 09:30:44 PM »
Allright, here's the link for the Bambuser I'm using to stream stuff. Now there's only the test set with some yo-yo sponsor gear online. Apparently the software doesn't do autoturn to picture if phone is held upright. Next ones will be much better. Sorry for the native Finnish language. I'll do also some in English later.

http://bambuser.com/channel/taikurimarko

or if you want to support our Diabolo groups page:

http://www.kumiankka.com/blog.php?id=120

Wis

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2012, 07:03:18 AM »
Thank you very much Marko. I will try to reserve an open tab for this while I am at work ;)
Btw, I shared it with the Spanish community.
Have fun!
"The string...the inertia...the hours"

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 07:18:42 PM »
Just leaving this here. All new all fresh and live footage.

1D Division Finnish Nationals
http://bambuser.com/v/2819931

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2012, 10:35:39 PM »
Allright here's the scoreboard. Those who don't bother, here's top3:
1st Joona Muistola
2nd Marko Akkanen
3rd Samuli Männistö

Complete scores:
http://koti.kapsi.fi/~hel5am/sds/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/SDS-DiaboloNats2012.png

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »
Whooop whoop!

Duncan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2012, 04:19:22 PM »
@Marko or whomever did the  scoring:

How did the scoring system work? In particular, how does one get -7 points (Marko)? Did you just drop for 2 minutes?

LaNgErZ

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2012, 04:26:52 PM »
 For every diabolo dropped it's -2. Unfortunately Marko's tactics didn't pay off this year.

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 10:37:56 PM »
Yea basically you get points for tricks and deductions from mistakes and drops. That's basically how the points for each division works.

For overall scoring winner of each division gets 10points, 2nd 8points, 3rd 7points, 4th 6points and so on. So basically best 9 people will get points for from each division. If tied both get scored and the next position gets skipped completely.  For the non-freestyles winner gets 5, 2nd 4, 3rd 3... 

Now even if I took loads minus points for 3D division I did manage to do one trick and therefore did not get disqualified. So I was placed 8th in that division and got 2 points for final scoring. The tactic worked better last year when I was able to do the one trick with three with the first go and got only plus points. Then I was scored much higher even though my 3D is total crap.

The scoring seems to work really well and people have been satisfied for results every year. The best has always won. Our system does favor all around players. So if you can do everything you are better. People who focus only for 2D are amazing but not scored as high. We are happy to discuss about scoring more deeply since we are hoping to arrange European Championships some year in the future... Sorry now I gotta go. Please do ask questions if I was unclear about scoring...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal