Author Topic: Tutorial website  (Read 5893 times)

Richard

Tutorial website
« on: June 15, 2012, 06:12:50 AM »
I'd like your opinion on an idea.....

I'm thinking about creating a diabolo website dedicated to tutorial videos.

The tuts would be categorised into 1D, 2D, 2D high, 3D, 3D high etc. This will make it a bit easier to find what you're after.

Videos would still sit in Youtube or Vimeo but embedded in the site.

I doubt I'll be able to create enough videos myself for the website so would be relying on others to create videos for me to upload.  Also, I'd have a standard of quality for the tuts as I find a lot of them are pretty poor and not great at teaching.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

Icebox

Re: Tutorial website
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 02:42:42 PM »
Sounds like a good idea, I know I'd be willing to contribute and help out. Keep looking around for support, this could take off. I know a lot of new people look for tutorials, having them in one spot would be good for them to have as a resource.

Sam 1060

Tutorial website
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 02:44:38 PM »
Y not just have a new tuts area on here so then no one has to sign up to anything else and we could also comment easily on here

luabduch

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »
You can count on me!
I''ll make lots of diabolo tutorials soon starting from the basics.
All will be in portuguese but with english subtitles.
just like this one:

Caixa ou Box - Tutorial 3 bolinhas - Aprenda malabarismo!

Richard

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2012, 12:22:56 PM »
That's a cool tutorial!!

Yep - I'm going to do this. Just need to sign up the website name and ask a friend to create the site for me.

Won't be long before I will be posting here again asking for tutorials!!

Rich

JayPea

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 10:57:07 PM »
Hello,

Great minds think alike...

I just made a diabolo tricks tutorial website: www.diabolotricks.net

It only went up about 3 weeks ago so it is a work in progress. We already have a lot of easy 1 diabolo tricks up with plenty more filmed on their way. They are embeded YouTube videos. I think the way they are filmed is nice. Having both front on and from the top view, slowed down in places and without a voice over.

If anybody is willing to record some 2(+) diabolo tricks for us in a similar style they would be more than welcome. We can even edit them for you.

Let me know how you think it can be improved, things can be completely changed very easily.

Cheers,
J

-Eric-

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2012, 11:55:16 PM »
I checked out the website, it's pretty cool. It seems a little basic at the moment, but I'm sure it will improve over time when more videos are posted. I might make a 2 diabolo tutorial later including all of the starts, if you guys want. I've never made tutorials before, but if you guys want I can also make some tutorials for most basic 2d tricks (vortex ,sprinkler 2d high, suns, stalls etc.)

The Void

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 02:39:15 PM »
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

JayPea

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 04:28:37 AM »
Hey,

Eric: sounds great. Yeah the website is evolving. We are just trying to get up a lot of the beginners stuff to start. Would be great to get more advanced tricks up. PM me and we can sort something out.

The Void: Yeah I am aware of it. Surely there's no harm having another resource available to the community.

The Void

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 11:13:43 AM »
I didn't say otherwise. Just pointing at it for those who might not know. Go for it.
Read the thread? Get the gear! VERTAX IS RUBBISH and other tees & hoodies: https://tlmb.net/tees

kurrygrodan

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 12:25:43 AM »
Sorry for bumping, but if you still consider making this website I just wanted to say that I have some tutorials available if wanted ;)
-Fredrik, Kurrygrodan
http://www.youtube.com/user/kurrygrodan - Show dat channel some love!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal