Author Topic: Looking for a tutorial about a trick in this vid  (Read 3976 times)

recallme

Looking for a tutorial about a trick in this vid
« on: August 14, 2012, 12:39:26 PM »
Hi,
can you tell me how this trick at 2:07 is called or even give me a tutorial to it?

Finnish national Diabolo competition 2012, 1diabolo 3min freestyle 1st. Joona Muistola

Thx in advance

Icebox

Re: Looking for a tutorial about a trick in this vid
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 03:45:22 PM »
nobody has ever really given that trick a name, so no there isn't any correct way to call it.

I can't think of a video tutorial for it, but I guess grab the string and treat it like it is an infinite suicide. you want the same rhythm as in an infinite suicide, pulling up fairly strongly but not so strongly that it accelerates either of the sticks. you want to pull so that from stick to stick the string is almost a straight line between them.

recallme

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2012, 04:05:30 PM »
Thx for the input.
I somehow always manage to whril lots of string around my hand while doing this trick.
Any advice about how i can stop that?

Icebox

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 07:29:28 PM »
its difficult to not do that, you have to kind of roll the string around your hand or vice versa, its hard to explain. grabbing the string and just holding on is what causes the string to wrap up your hand, so you have to time your pulls along with letting go of the string to let it roll along your hand.

lots and lots of practice are what you need at this point. go with one round, then with two rounds until it feels good, then with three.... and so on until you can do as many rounds as you want. adding the fourth and fifth rounds become easier since you already have the technique down.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal