Author Topic: Trick help needed!  (Read 5744 times)

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« on: October 05, 2005, 08:41:38 PM »
I need help on mini columns because when i move my hands like i see other diaboloist do minicolumns....  they get closer and closer then all hell breaks apart .....  yeah....  also I've been doing a sprinkler wrapping with my left hand then unwrapping with my right but every freaking time there's a STUPID wrap on one of the diabolos.  I've been trying to unwrap both but it NEVER works.  Tutorials or slow motion pics or words of advice for me please

P.S. you don't know how hard it is or how many times i erased swears of frustration over these last couple of weeks....

Mattias

Trick help needed!
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2005, 09:51:30 PM »
I dont dare to help you on the columns but as for the unwrapping:
Only thing that matters is that you manage to reach around the pattern as a whole. Think of the sprinkler as one big diabolo and you need to do a circle around it without touching it's edges. This can be hard with short arms, atleast I think so. I dont know since I am 6'4 or something. But turn your body 90 degrees to the left as you start learning for better reach and then gradually do it from more of a starting possish.

Hope it helped to some extent. Good Luck
Need help? Try these before creating a new topic:
Search and
Trick and Video Archive

ronnie2tone

• VotW Contributor
Re: Trick help needed!
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2005, 11:24:09 PM »
Quote from: J_J777
also I've been doing a sprinkler wrapping with my left hand then unwrapping with my right but every freaking time there's a STUPID wrap on one of the diabolos.  I've been trying to unwrap both but it NEVER works.  

Happens to me alot as well !. As for advice Mattius has got it right with thinking of one big diabolo.

As a slight bonus for when it does happen, you can trapeze the offending diabolo anticlockwise over the left stick to create a magic knot and then throw it back into the shuffle to try, try again :D
Tossing the diabolo on a daily basis!

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2005, 11:53:51 PM »
i know that's what i usually do for sprinkler, fan or magic knot but for double sprinkler I'm doubly screwed because of the double wrap on one of the diabolos...  as for my friends that can do tons of sprinkler stuff SCREW U no i'm kidding, maybe u can help me? mithew?

Andy S

Trick help needed!
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2005, 01:05:10 AM »
For minicolumns, I only pull apart a little, but then mine aren't quite as low as some.  I started by doing them almost like whole separate throws and then got lower, but made sure to never have both actually on the string at the same time.

For the sprinkler, I just recently found that if you exit under your right arm while both still have some spin, they carry themselves themselves out.  Just turn as mentioned before and lower your right, but don't try to get around both with your hand; just let them drive themselves out.  Sorry, don't know how else to explain it.

Hope something helps,
Andy

Pete

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2005, 08:34:43 PM »
I did as Andy did for the columns. Learn it high first and make it lower would probably be a good idea. When i say high i mean higher, but not too high. Have you tried doing ping pong, i found that helped too.
The tallest trees from acorns grow.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2005, 08:54:23 PM »
yeah i just got ping pong a while ago.  Also when i thought of the two diabolos as one huge diabolo i unwrapped twice in a row perfectly except for me being so suprised it unwrapped that i missed one of the diabolos both times..  :lol: I shall follow ur advice and try columns like really bad two high lol.

Mithew

Trick help needed!
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2005, 04:25:14 AM »
i'm not sure about this, but for mini-columns, maybe it would be easier if you got into it not from a regular shuffle, but from a stick grind? that way you wouldn't have to worry so much about it moving to the side??? and for the sprinkler, instead of unwrapping its a lot cooler to suicide out and you don't have to worry about unwrapping both.
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

martijn

Trick help needed!
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2005, 12:20:32 PM »
The easiest way to start Mini columns is from a leg stall. You can see that in this little video.

mofosyko

Trick help needed!
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2005, 03:10:21 PM »
Quote from: Mithew
i'm not sure about this, but for mini-columns, maybe it would be easier if you got into it not from a regular shuffle, but from a stick grind? that way you wouldn't have to worry so much about it moving to the side??? and for the sprinkler, instead of unwrapping its a lot cooler to suicide out and you don't have to worry about unwrapping both.

Yeah i agree with this guy, its so much easier to suicide out and looks cooler. That way you'll have sprinklers sorted, and in a few weeks you'll try the normal unwrap method and it'll probably work as your skill level will have increased naturally.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2005, 09:06:32 PM »
I admit my double sprinklers aren't perfect yet but you can unwrap the first wrap on a double by unwraping it with your left hand and then wit your right.

Hope this helps,
Behind your back is your front.

J_J777

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2005, 09:20:20 PM »
suicides out... my walls are... lets just say not in the best of conditions :oops:  :roll: anyways, i've been practicing suicides out and it's ok except I sometimes release on the wrong side so theres a twist like you've done a clockwise sun.  I guess it's just practice >.< ....  and guppy i've been practicing double sprinklers with the exit ur talking about and it works if the sprinkler doesn't colaspe first :D.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2005, 09:25:09 PM »
Yeah, my finesse G1's aren't the best for sprinklers. I'll get some circuses or yohos soon. Yoho's are supposed to be good for hyperloops.

Mithew

Trick help needed!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2005, 04:18:44 PM »
why do you think finesse diabolo's are bad for sprinklers, do they lose speed quickly or something???
There are 11 types of people in the world.  Those who can count in binary and those who can't.

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2005, 04:41:49 PM »
No, its just circuses are better and yoho's are supposed to be even better again for sprinklers.

Mithew

Trick help needed!
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2005, 04:50:44 PM »
why????

-Leo-

• VotW Contributor
Trick help needed!
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2005, 04:58:56 PM »
They are heavier so you can hold sprinklers for longer.

Chiok

• Donator
Trick help needed!
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2005, 06:35:41 PM »
More weight, more momentum (or inertia) so they keep going where they are going and are less inclined to stop where they are going.  That's the simple physics of it.  Though I wouldn't rest entirely on that arguement.

When I was at Brizzle, I complained to JGherkin that I couldn't hold a double sprinkler for very long at all, and then he shamed me by holding one with my diabolos for quite a bit longer.  There is a matter of technique involved.  Mainly in being able to speed the diabolos up as quick as possible (that is, getting them up to speed quickly).  This is where backwrap every pass really helps.

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal