Author Topic: 2d infinite suicide  (Read 10525 times)

Squiggle

2d infinite suicide
« on: September 14, 2005, 05:06:36 AM »
can anyone here do this or has anyone heard of someone doing this trick

( i used the search thing bu couldnt find any topics)

Squiggle

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2005, 05:19:33 AM »
i dont see why it wouldnt be possible

KaTurN

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2005, 05:26:48 AM »
i could see why it would be quite inposible but cool if it could be done ever heard of it no so i guess you have something to shoot for

Dracodragon

• VotW Contributor
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2005, 06:59:40 AM »
Well, antisuicide is close to infinite, only problem is it slows down the diabolos, then there was that sprinkler, suicide release infinite in which the stick starts spining extremely fast and the sprinkler collapses. Oh yeah and you cant forget 2 set handsticks infinite( one left hand, one right hand). But those tricks are extremely hard, and some seem impossible. I am no where near able to do some(except antisucides for 2 cycle things, and double hyperloop suicide release). I have no other ideas how you would do 2d infinite.
Go Draco with your Diabolo!
http://frogfighters.com/godraco/

Squiggle

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005, 07:23:30 AM »
my idea was like the one with thte sprinler but i had never tried so i didnt know if it was gonna work

when i get mi new diabolos i will try out some ideas :P

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2005, 07:26:25 AM »
In a BJC 2005 2d workshop, Priam described the Anti-suicide as the closest he knew to a 2d infinate suicide.  With bearing diabolos it lasts significantly longer but nowhere near infinate, g luck in finding one that speeds up both diabs  :wink:

Squiggle

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2005, 07:28:33 AM »
is the anti suicide the tric that zack ( i think ) snt in for trick of the week

JGherkin

• VotW Contributor
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2005, 07:31:42 AM »
An Anti-suicide combo was sent in as trick of the week for April 4th-10th by Kno, check it out in the archive

Squiggle

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2005, 07:39:39 AM »
thanks. I dont really understand tat trick but im sure ill figure it out

I like cheese :roll:

Arjan

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005, 09:56:31 AM »
A real infinite suicide with 2 diabolo`s I concider impossible. But there is some stuff that looks like it a bit.

Chiok

• Donator
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005, 12:53:04 PM »
I think the trouble lies with the shuffle spinning in the opposite direction to the diabolo spin.  A right hand backwrap (or LHFW) sprinkler with stick release and keep wrapping like a normal suicide would work if you weren't fighting against the shuffle.  Maybe if you can reverse the shuffle and do it, like a reverse hyperloop.  Doing LHBW suicide just makes the stick fly round so fast you'll break fingers trying to catch it.

It had been discussed, but can't remember where...

Chiok
www.gravityvomit.co.uk - Gravity pulls down, we throw up.
University of Bath Juggling and Circus Skills

Luke Burrage

• VotW Contributor
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005, 02:21:18 PM »
Quote from: Dracodragon
... Oh yeah and you cant forget 2 set handsticks infinite( one left hand, one right hand). But those tricks are extremely hard, and some seem impossible...

I can do a 2 diabolo infinite suicide with two sets of string and two sets of handsticks. One in each hand, as you have mentioned. It is very hard, but I`ve put in a lot of practice and can do it quite easily. The start is tricky, but I worked out a good system that works ok. I´d explain how to do it, but then everyone will be able to do it, and not just me (and probably some French guys).
Luke

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005, 03:40:59 PM »
i´ve something similar to the luke burrage´s trick.
I show it at renegades, and it consist to do an infinite suicide on the right and keep two diabolos running on the left hand.
i tried to do something more difficult with this trick and it was to turn with infinite while doing 1 hand 360suns, but hands turn in diferent motions and i find it very difficult and didn´t practice it anymore.
i tried too to do a magicknot in the infinite suicide and entering to 3diabolo low, there is a video of a try out(without succes, of course) at the valencia convention olimpiades here---> http://gallery.unicyclist.com/albums/Unimalabar2005/unimalabar2005_051.thumb.jpg

Arjan

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005, 03:57:43 PM »
LOL... this threads is starting to get intresting. I like that trick by Luke, but offcourse, every person who considers him a diabolist can probably pull it, and might have thought about it 2.

Monegri`s trick would be a insanely kewl 3 diabolo start! I`m gonna try tonight.

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2005, 04:02:08 PM »
Good luck arjan

martijn

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2005, 05:24:58 PM »
Quote from: Luke Burrage
The start is tricky, but I worked out a good system that works ok. I´d explain how to do it, but then everyone will be able to do it, and not just me (and probably some French guys).

...and everybody who was at EJC this year, and saw you doing (trying) it while hosting an Open Stage :wink:

What is the correct link for your 3d start Monregi? I can't seem to download the video, all I get is a .jpg file.

jw

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2005, 05:56:29 PM »
Okay, slightly offtopic, but would it be possible to do a excalibur infinite suicide?
Tthat ain't nice for the fortune cookie I always charge you twice.
Delivery is free but not from me I always want a dolla fifty.

Monregi

• VotW Contributor
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2005, 08:57:01 PM »

garner

• VotW Contributor
2d infinite suicide
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2005, 09:16:52 PM »
you'll see where i go with this i one moment...have any of you ever spun string, rope or a chain round in such a way that it forms a wave-like like pattern with nodes and anti-nodes, because if you think of a 1d infinite suicide like that where you only control half a wave-length with the diabolo on the node then it becomes alot easier to imagine ways of pulling of a 2d infinite suicide where both D's are on nodes or maybe even two mini ones going at once but then i have very mathematical way of seeing things

Squiggle

2d infinite suicide
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2005, 03:29:42 AM »
I doubt the excalibur ifinite suicide would be possible because of gravity :wink:

SO if u reverse the shuffle ith 2d and the go into sprinkler would tht speed up the diabolos :twisted:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2021, SimplePortal