Circus (Normal width plastic hubs)
Circus (All Around hubs)
Circus (Giant hubs)
Circus (JC's hubs)
Circus (Bearing Axle)
Finesse (Normal Axle)
Finesse (Wide axle)
Finesse (JC's hubs)
Sundia Fly (Wide axle, fixed or bearing)
Sundia Fly (Narrow axle, fixed or bearing)
Sundia Shining (fixed or 1x bearing)
Sundia Shining 3x bearing
Sundia Sun (Heavy version, standard metal washers)
Sundia Sun (Heavy version, plastic or carbon washers)
Sundia Sun (Heavy version, plastic or carbon washers, teflon axle)
Sundia Sun (Light version, metal washers)
Sundia Sun (Light version, plastic or carbon washers)
Sundia Sun (Light version, plastic or carbon washers, teflon axle)
Sundia Nimble (Fixed or Bearing)
Taibolo V1
Taibolo V2
Taibolo Bearing
Taibolo Glary
Phoenix Diabolo (Fixed or bearing mode)
Harlquin
4 inc diabolo (Jazz...)
Spintastics Spinabolo (Bearing)
Sundia Fly/Shining (JC's hub)
Yoho / Diabig
My Diabolo Vulcan
Epic Diabolo
Juggledream Cyclone
Juggledream Cyclone Glaze
Renegade
Henry's Vision (fixed or bearing)
Other

Author Topic: Favorite Diabolo poll for 2012  (Read 16884 times)

Marko

• VotW Contributor
Favorite Diabolo poll for 2012
« on: September 17, 2012, 06:17:20 PM »
It's been a while since the last poll so it's time to see what people are actually using these days. Let me know if I missed something really obvious. This list should pretty much include most of the diabolos people use these days... We will run this poll until the end of the year and then close it.

If people are interested we can also run a string poll and stick poll.
«Diabolo, whiter than the whitest!»

-Eric-

• Donator
Re: Favorite Diabolo poll for 2012
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 06:35:53 PM »
GO TAIBOLO! A stick poll would be nice, but I think a string poll would be unnecessary because it seems like Henry's has been the preferred one for forever, but you never know...

drekedidi

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 07:12:26 PM »
a stick poll and string poll would be nice
Please subscribe on my youtube channel ! I will sub you back ! Thx http://www.youtube.com/user/andreasdesmedt?feature=mh

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2012, 05:45:05 PM »
I'll look into the stick poll thing later on. Also string would be interesting, especially in Finland Henry's string is not among the popular ones... Here there's just one or two serious players who like to use Henry's most have changed into other brands.

Sam 1060

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2012, 06:53:50 PM »
I know this might be a stupid thing but have u posted a list and I am missing it or do we just vote for what we like?

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2012, 08:28:05 PM »
The voting is right up there on this page... ---^ 

I tried to list there most of the diabolos I know and have played... Just click the radio button next to the diabolo you prefer. 

If you're asking about the sticks please not here. I'll make another poll for sticks.

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 08:59:32 PM »
what is it a epic diabolo?

spryoyabe

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2012, 10:07:53 PM »
Epic diabolos...

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2012, 10:11:00 PM »
Epic is actually Malaysian manufacturer. I couldn't remember what they call the model other than Epic diabolos. They are actually really good, I've been writing on a review of those and will put it up in a week or so. Definitely worth of trying out if you manage to get your hands on a pair.

hOOk3r

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2012, 10:54:12 PM »
could you write the store or where can i buy it?

spryoyabe

« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2012, 12:03:16 AM »
You would have to email them to buy. Their email is epicjuggling@gmail.com.

Sam 1060

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2012, 12:18:47 AM »
Sorry I mused be missing it am using my phone with tapatalk and can not see any links I'll have a look on my comp tomoz I also think a stick poll would be helpful

spryoyabe

« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2012, 02:47:35 AM »
...I couldn't remember what they call the model other than Epic diabolos...

They call it the "A-DREAM"diabolo.

martingz

« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2012, 04:15:33 PM »

If people are interested we can also run a string poll and stick poll.
its a good idea  :)

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2012, 04:21:58 PM »
Diabigs still get my vote. Searching high and low for a replacement so I'm not dependent on diabs who aren't made anymore forever... :'(

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2012, 06:18:53 AM »
Oh Diabigs :) I'm genuinely surprised that you're still using them. Those are not bad at all but I kinda thought they would break faster... From now on you belong officially to old school!

mike.

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2012, 02:30:36 AM »
Oh Diabigs :) I'm genuinely surprised that you're still using them. Those are not bad at all but I kinda thought they would break faster... From now on you belong officially to old school!

still looking for a set for me :P
can't believe its not butter

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2012, 03:36:23 PM »

Oldschool...back in the 00's :-D.

Got 4 of them 100% only for indoor use (outside I use the later horrible Yoho's. Had 4 but one broke) and the rest I won't touch again. They'll be my example should the chance ever appear to make customs.

Don't know if many people know this but there was actually a version of the Yohos that weren't absolutely horrible.

Right in that period when Bandai stopped making them Yoho made ones that didn't always turn. The only "tell" I see is that they have slightly bigger washers than the later versions (that were the same size as the originals and were just awful). I got a set of three in yellow from Naranja back then and they are almost as good as the originals by Bandai. Dunno why Yoho ever changed whatever it was they did with those to the later crap. I miss the feeling of a not entirely beat up white Diabig :'(

Marko

• VotW Contributor
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2012, 09:21:18 PM »
Haha, early 00's is so old school now.

For some reason Diabigs and Yohos have never been a big thing around here. I suppose nobody imported them properly so people didn't buy them. I've tried a one model but that's pretty much it. The cups were nice. It's all about the slippery cups. Rubber gives too much friction for my taste...

Diabolo88, where do you actually get your diabs in Sweden?

Diabolo88

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2012, 11:40:55 PM »
Haha, early 00's is so old school now.

I feel so damn old :-D.

For some reason Diabigs and Yohos have never been a big thing around here. I suppose nobody imported them properly so people didn't buy them. I've tried a one model but that's pretty much it. The cups were nice. It's all about the slippery cups. Rubber gives too much friction for my taste...

Yeah the only ones I knew who stocked them back then and could ship here were Naranja (one store declined and referred to them because they only did domestic shipping) alas they didn't even have paypal so had to go via banktransfer and then get big shippingcosts everytime so after trying the initial ones only bought in bulk because of that.

Cups were nice alas don't know if I could even "recognize" a new Diabig now by feel. Use acetone to clean my very beat up practice ones whenever needed and they're all like 3 mm shorter thanks to hitting the floor in vertax. They're somewhere between Circus and Finesse now in terms of feel except heavier. New ones felt so different. Light in turning but still stable and heavy...the perfect diabolo. Then again I'm a bit bigger than the average diabolist physically I think and like the look of heavy diabs in a sync pattern/as a heavier counter to long sticks so they were always n1 for me. Can understand why others especially with wristproblems or async shuffles wouldn't prefer them. Doubt many people would like my usual setup :P.

Yabe plays a massive part in the choice of diab as well. Stylewise (pre changing his 1D in 06 or whenever it was) he is king imho.

About the breakage I got three red that were always used on pavement and there's not even a scratch on them. It's insane. They're superior even to Circus in durability.

where do you actually get your diabs in Sweden?

I don't get diabs here at all. Got the latest ones from Nev (however a long time since because I've been and still am kind of out of practice as you know), Ebay, Naranja, Henrys website or at conventions and that's it. Only got a deal going with Flerbollar for discount on sticks/string as I probably stand for most of their outgoing supply of yellow henrys and long carbs ;)

Still talking to that Malaysian guy for a small chance of helping to import as a reseller in the future alas lets see how that goes. Don't speak chinese and got the sneaky suspicion he runs everything through a translator so it's not exactly going fast...

Where do you get a hold of yours (as you seem to be in the works of writing reviews for some cool stuff)?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2022, SimplePortal